Engine Start below 0°C

Slowly I doubt myself or the Majestics Dash, if I really understood everything as I believed. First the problem with the TCAS on the ground, now I stand at -2 ° C in ENTC and can not start the engines. When the engine starts, the NH indicator goes high, Condition Lever on START / FEATHER, propeller speed increases to 30, but no fuel flow. The start must be canceled.
My Intake Doors are closed, as required by various checklists.
If I open these before the start of the launch, this runs smoothly, but unfortunately I find that not in the documents. What the Engine Intake Doors have to do with the engine start, I do not find in the documents.

Comments

• Cause was probably the de-icing with AES or GSX instead of DEICING request via the MCDU. Where the connection with the Intake doors, I still do not know. With the DEICING request, it has now also worked at -2 ° C in ENTC.

• The intake door will always remain open especially during winter Ops as its design is to assist in ridding the engine of FOD that could enter the engine via the intake i.e. birds, but in this case snow and ice. The aircraft is modeled to accumulate snow and ice if sitting in freezing rain or snow thus requiring de-icing before engine start.

• Thanks, I had done yes, Previously, I had deiced with AES & GSX, but that affects only visually. Without deicing the Dash starts but then, if you open the intake doors directly before the start.
    This probably eliminates the simulated ice and snow.

Are you real Dash 8 Pilot? I mean to have read that out If so, can you please say something about my transponder / TCAS problem on the ground?

Best regards
    Frank

• The Q400 does not work with AES as it was never tested using that add-on. however the de-icing is synced with GSX, it is not visual only. when you request the pushback via GSX it will advise you that de-icing is required and you simply follow the prompts for the type of de-icing you require which will then execute the procedure. the same of course can be executed via the MJC Q400 FMS if you are not a GSX user or choose to not use GSX.

The intake doors for most Dash operators remains open at all times. If the door for some reason has to be MELed closed then flying into icing conditions is prohibited.