Majestic q400 not connect with shared

My friend and i is trying to do a shared. We copied eachothers ipv4 an ipv6 with multiple attempts. And i used send 49210 and receive 49200 and he used vise versa. and we kept switching. His shared cockpit panel shows as OBS and he cannot go master. On the other hand i can but theres no connection signal. i dont know what the problem is. and we have same livery

Comments

1. Kindly make sure that the required ports have been opened for both you and your shared cockpit partner. The port numbers that are being used between the both you should the port numbers that you opened. One of you will use one set, and the other set used by the other user. The image below will show an example.

2. The reason that you are seeing OBS more than likely is due to the fact that one of you has selected the "OBS" - Observer mode rather than the "FLYING" mode.

3. Once both of you are connected two modes will be visible MASTER (green) and SLAVE (red). There will also be up to 5 green horizontal bars on the left of the shared cockpit advisory panel. These bars indicate the connection strength between both users. If there isn't a connection there will be a single blue bar.

4. Attached is an image of how the Shared Cockpit Panel should look if only flying with two pilots

1. Finally, click on the APPLY button.... THEN.... RELOAD the aircraft (do not reload the simulator... Just the Q400).

Sounds silly but I have to ask, as many people do miss this critical step.

Cheers

• Also > @kroswynd said:

1. Kindly make sure that the required ports have been opened for both you and your shared cockpit partner. The port numbers that are being used between the both you should the port numbers that you opened. One of you will use one set, and the other set used by the other user. The image below will show an example.

2. The reason that you are seeing OBS more than likely is due to the fact that one of you has selected the "OBS" - Observer mode rather than the "FLYING" mode.

3. Once both of you are connected two modes will be visible MASTER (green) and SLAVE (red). There will also be up to 5 green horizontal bars on the left of the shared cockpit advisory panel. These bars indicate the connection strength between both users. If there isn't a connection there will be a single blue bar.

4. Attached is an image of how the Shared Cockpit Panel should look if only flying with two pilots

1. Finally, click on the APPLY button.... THEN.... RELOAD the aircraft (do not reload the simulator... Just the Q400).

Cheers

@kroswynd said:

1. The reason that you are seeing OBS more than likely is due to the fact that one of you has selected the "OBS" - Observer mode rather than the "FLYING" mode.

2. Once both of you are connected two modes will be visible MASTER (green) and SLAVE (red). There will also be up to 5 green horizontal bars on the left of the shared cockpit advisory panel. These bars indicate the connection strength between both users. If there isn't a connection there will be a single blue bar.

3. Attached is an image of how the Shared Cockpit Panel should look if only flying with two pilots

Cheers

With the shared cockpit do both of us put 4200 as both ports? and i did shared with someone else and everything was good and than we lost connection at sudden airborne

• Had the same issue. Tried everthing possible, without success. Guess, it's a somekind of Windows issue betweeen our two systems, which no one can help us anyway. Really a pitty.

• The most common issue between two parties is that if of the required ports is not opened.

Another issue at times is that some ISPs do not give users full control of making changes to their routers. Unfortunately, we have not been able to initiate a work around for the latter issue.

Some userd bypass the CPAN tool and use another utility called Himatchi, which we here at MJC have not experimented with. While I am not tooting it's usage, this may be an alternative, but we'll certainly keep working with you to get the issue resolved.
  • @megab22..... You would use one set of of the two port, I. E. 49200, and you fellow pilot would use the other I. E. 49210.
  • Let's be clear. On the same systems it has run before, even if it was already a few years ago and at that time still in FSX now in P3D v3 and P3D V4.5.

We have unlocked the ports at every conceivable place (router, in the Windows firewall, in Kaspersky ect.).

We did ping tests, all without success.