How about an FMS-update?

Hi everybody, I am still very excited about this wonderful plane. But the only thing which I am missing is an update of the FMS.
Other planes, eg. Airbus or Boeings have in their FMCs much more functions and possibilities then our FMS. But I am sure that in the real world Q 400 the FMS is as sophisticated as in all this bigger planes. So I think its a matter of an update, which in my mind would be urgently needed. It would be nice to get an answer from the officials.
Thanks and regards, Guenther

Comments

• Hi Guenther,

you can not compare the FMS of the Dash with those of the Boeing or Airbus. The FMS of the Dash is already implemented quite extensively and offers mainly the functions as they are there in real life. There are also missing little things, but the rest fits so. Maybe you have not explored all the submenus, because they are indeed sometimes over detours and not so obvious to find. I'll hang a link on you, because you can read a little better, what's going on.

http://www.osha.igs.net/~kiddbatt/DOCS/unsbs/UNS_OTM_2009.pdf

In the manual may also be points to find, which are not to be found in the Dash, but in the Embraer, which also uses this FMS.

• Hi and thanks a lot for your comments and especially for this important document! But how to handle all this information? 423 pages! When being in a hospital with 2 broken legs, immobilised for 4 weeks, then it should be possible to learn all but thanks goodness I am not in a hospital (and really dont want to be there). So it will be necessary to be busy over a long time and I hope that it will help me to beome more used to this tool.
    Again, thanks a lot and regards, Guenther

• Hello Guenther,

I have this one which is a bit simpler and should do if you have only one broken leg :) :smile:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9uxin8buac645ns/UNS1 Task Handbook.pdf?dl=0

Regards,

JP

• Hello JP, thank you very much, its really friendly to wish me only one broken leg! But which one? Never mind, its good to have this document in my collection, thank you very much.
    Regards, Guenther

• It would be nice to have an update as simple as the FMS's syncing, which would make life a lot easier

• You mean a synchronous, automatic data transfer as with Boeing or Airbus? But that would not be real, because it is real, as it is simulated here!

• @zedlin said:
    It would be nice to have an update as simple as the FMS's syncing, which would make life a lot easier

The UNS FMS does not utilize an auto-sync'd feature and are done via the XFILL, which has been programmed in the MJC FMS

• @kroswynd said:

@zedlin said:
    It would be nice to have an update as simple as the FMS's syncing, which would make life a lot easier

The UNS FMS does not utilize an auto-sync'd feature and are done via the XFILL, which has been programmed in the MJC FMS

The new software does actually support an auto-sync feature (SCN 1000 software I believe). I fly Q400's in the real world, and we do have a few with the FMS's that you have to crossfill much like the MJC models, however most of ours to auto-sync.

• Good to know, however the model from which we have developed our FMS does not have that feature, and it is very likely that we may not implement this. Thanks for the heads up this though, much appreciated.

• @kroswynd said:
    Good to know, however the model from which we have developed our FMS does not have that feature, and it is very likely that we may not implement this. Thanks for the heads up this though, much appreciated.

Anytime, thanks for the great work!