MFD Panels Faded and FMS not turning on after Update

After the update, I am experiencing issues with the MFD panels and the FMCs. The FMCs will not turn on and the MFD panels 1,3,5 are black and panels 2,3 are faded 50%+.

Mark

Comments

• I have exactly the same problem hope MJC will find the sulution with new update.

• Think I may have resolved the issue. Re-apply the 1.02a patch, in particular the mjc84_main.dll file in the Panel.

Mark

• edited December 2019

That didn't help on my end. After reapplying the 1.0a patch, P3D sometimes crashes when I load the Q-400. If it loads the airplane the FMS is unusable, no way to operate it. And I lost all internal sounds as well. I will uninstall and reinstall and not apply any patch before the problem is solved.

• I have now found this twice in the FSX, but the new selection of the aircraft then resolves the problem, at least so far. I also loaded and installed the update again with the virus software turned off, but it didn't work either. If the dash is loaded correctly, it will work so far.

• I also have this problem.

• @mwalsh said:
    Think I may have resolved the issue. Re-apply the 1.02a patch, in particular the mjc84_main.dll file in the Panel.

Mark

That's not really resolving the issue, as you are using the old dll.

How are you loading the the aircraft? Let's start by having a default aircraft loaded first, i.e. F22 or the baron, etc. Then load the Q400.

Advise what the result is, please and thanks.

• Yep same issue here. wonder if its ever done that while in Beta testing?

• what sim do you have loaded?

• @kroswynd said:

@mwalsh said:
    Think I may have resolved the issue. Re-apply the 1.02a patch, in particular the mjc84_main.dll file in the Panel.

Mark

That's not really resolving the issue, as you are using the old dll.

How are you loading the the aircraft? Let's start by having a default aircraft loaded first, i.e. F22 or the baron, etc. Then load the Q400.

Advise what the result is, please and thanks.

The only thing that it resolves is the fact that I can use the aircraft again. I am using P3D, and never had to load any other aircraft first, then switch aircraft. I leave P3D menu startup as the F22, switch to the Q400 and load. So loading an F22 onto an apron and switching aircraft to the Q400 would not be a resolution. In attempting to fix the problem to the update, I've uninstalled and re-installed three times and it has degraded my install times left to 2 from 5 due to this problem.

• Having the same issues. Very frustrating.

Not sure how to recreate the issue, tried without any other add-ons (AS, vPilot), think I crack the case, then the very next time, the plane loads up as the screenshot that Mark posted again. maybe 1/15 times I reload the plane it works.

Going to try and roll back to the prior patch.

• I also reinstalled the Dash without the latest patch.

• @mwalsh said:

I leave P3D menu startup as the F22, switch to the Q400 and load.

Ok, this is what I merely wanted to find out, as some users have another complex aircraft by default, and then load another complex aircraft which usually creates issues.

In attempting to fix the problem to the update, I've uninstalled and re-installed three times and it has degraded my install times left to 2 from 5 due to this problem.

>
    That is an easy fix as you merely have to write to our Support department with an explanation as you why your installs have been exhausted.

On a side note, as suggested to another user, if you have saved flight plans in your NAV -->ROUTES folder kindly remove/back them up and load the aircraft. You can also have a look at the SYSPAN on the ELECTRICAL PAGE and "RESET FAILURES and RESET CIRCUIT BREAKERS", do the same for the AVIONICS page.

We are looking into this issue to determine what the root cause of this issue may be for some, as we have only a handful of reports on this.

Thanks for the information.

• I report the same issue here. Tried the Sys Panel resets with no success either. The only solution was to downgrade to 1.020a patch.

• Unfortunately I can not reproduce this issue on the development PC, however may I ask that all users having this problem attempt to delete any existing situations with the Q400, especially any of the .mj1 or .mj2 files found in the situation folder of the flight sim

• I will weigh in here …

After installing the patch, I too had a "similar" issue to that which is described in this thread. In my case, upon loading the aircraft, the left MFD was blank, and the left FMC was blank. All other displays were on and normal.

However, in what appears to be a bit different from what people are describing here in the thread, for me, the left MFD immediately proceeded to display the large green "T" … the very same "T" you see on all displays when you first power the aircraft from cold and dark. In other words, the left MFD appeared to be going through a normal test cycle. After the test cycle had completed, the left MFD turned on and displayed normally. Because the display showed the "T" and then eventually came on, I figured this was a normal occurrence and was something which had been added by the patch as something that possibly happens in the real Dash 8. So I dismissed it as being an issue.

As for the FMC, I simply pressed the ON/OFF button on the panel, and it turned on normally, going through it's usual test routine before finally displaying it's normal initial page and waiting for me to press the "Accept" LSK.

It wasn't until I read the posts about MFDs and FMCs being blank for other users that I realised what I was experiencing was probably not normal behaviour as per the real Dash 8. However, because my MFD does "boot up" and because I can "turn on" my FMC, I didn't concern myself much with it.

I have since decided to set my Dash 8's flight configuration cockpit state to be "Cold and Dark" via the control panel, instead of "Default". Might I suggest that, as well as Boss' suggestion to delete any existing situations with the Q400, including any .mj1 or .mj2 files found in the situation folder of the flight sim, that users may also wish to use the control panel and change the cockpit state. Perhaps setting it to "Cold and Dark", then loading the Dash 8, and then setting it back to "Default" again ... that process may help to reset something somewhere and possibly "fix" the issue?

For the record, I load a default aircraft when my sim first runs, and then choose the Dash 8 from the sim's aircraft selection screens.

• Just giving my +1 on this issue, exactly as reported above.

Have deleted sit files, no routes in route folder. I load straight into the Dash (as Ive always done)

C&D script doesn't look like it finishes because the GPU isn't outside. If I goto vehicle, select vehicle and select the plane again, the C&D completes properly and everything seems to work (not that I've flown it yet to confirm.

This was an upgrade from "a" to the b release

• @notarealpilot is Q400 your default aircraft ? If so, may I suggest you don't load it as default, as it is not a good idea with any addon aircraft

• edited January 2020

@Boss said:
    @notarealpilot is Q400 your default aircraft ? If so, may I suggest you don't load it as default, as it is not a good idea with any addon aircraft

The Q400 is not my default aircraft, no. I have always however been able to choose the q400 direct from the scenario screen (before loading into a flight), and it has always worked until the b patch.

I do not use any payware aircraft as my default plane as this is not recommended by any payware aircraft developer

• I have the same problem as above but if I just reload the plane (p3d 4.4) everything becomes normal again

• Same issue here.

• Folks,

We need a favor please. The next time you are able to replicate this issue, kindly save the scenario, and then email all of the files associated with the scenario to our Support email, please.

Cheers

• In my case i can resolve the problem by reloading the plane.
    Dit it the last days several times with succes.

By first loading (state Default), the plane appears with the left PFD and both FMS black and no GPU.
    reloading the plane from out of P3D (Vehicle/Select) makes everething coming OK

• @Boss @kroswynd - files sent to the support address as requested, along with my usual P3D startup / plane loading procedure, which has always worked with your aircraft (until now)

• Thanks for your files, I too have been able to replicate the issue. So its now just for us to go digging to see what the issue may be.

• > @kroswynd said:
    > Thanks for your files, I too have been able to replicate the issue. So its now just for us to go digging to see what the issue may be.

Ah that's fantastic news. Being able to replicate the issue is half the battle. I'm confident you'll find the issue and restore the Q400 to her usual greatness.

Thanks kroswynd
  • Just to close this off... the b patch has been re-released with the fix. Re-download from the user area.

Thanks MJC for getting to the bottom of the bug!
  • That's great news, but how can I tell if I'm downloading the fixed version, looks like the same on the user area?? Thanks!

• > @yanr said:
    > That's great news, but how can I tell if I'm downloading the fixed version, looks like the same on the user area?? Thanks!

I just downloaded the b patch again (the only one that was there), and installed it over the top of my install. Worked a charm
  • seems to work fine
    thanks a lot guys !!

• Yes! The re-released patch fixed the issue. Thanks guys!

• Good to hear every one is seeing positive results.

Thank you all for your patience and assistance in pinpointing the issue.

Cheers

• Installed the b patch again and so far all good.