update Dash8 x64 PRO v.1.020b

edited December 2019 in Potential User Bugs

Hello everyone and happy holidays,

I have the x64 PRO version of the Dash8Q400 and I wanted to update to 1.020b. And there, disaster, by launching my P3Dv4.1 the plane does not work any more, the popups do not work, buttons remain immobile, I cut the batteries but the electricity remains all the same ... etc

So I uninstalled my Dash8 properly, then with the basic version x64 v1.020 PRO, I reinstalled as administrator, I restarted my PC, launched the flight of Dash8 with this basic version (not patched) and everything works perfectly.

Then I download the x64 version of patch 1.020b, I install it as administrator ....

And again, when launching the Dash8 it does not work, the same bugs mentioned above.

Have you updated? Have you encountered this problem? A solution?

thank you in advance

Comments

• I accidentially logged in with an old ordernumber (the 32 bit one). So i got the 32bit version of the patch 1.020b and had the same issues. So take a close look at the filename to be sure you have the right version.

• I have also problems. See my post 'Dash "hangs" when batt on'

• Hello and thank you for your answer.
    However, I have the Dash8 in version 64bits Pro and I installed this file "mjc8-q400-Pro-1_020bx64-patch-inst.exe" in administrator.
    And it doesn't work even after 2 tries.
    Any help is welcome

• I have this

• I have the x64 PRO version of the Dash8Q400 and I wanted to update to 1.020b. And there, disaster, by launching my P3Dv4.1 the plane does not work any more, the popups do not work, buttons remain immobile, I cut the batteries but the electricity remains all the same ... etc

>

So I uninstalled my Dash8 properly, then with the basic version x64 v1.020 PRO, I reinstalled as administrator, I restarted my PC, launched the flight of Dash8 with this basic version (not patched) and everything works perfectly.

Then I download the x64 version of patch 1.020b, I install it as administrator ....

And again, when launching the Dash8 it does not work, the same bugs mentioned above.

>

We have not tested the Q400 on P3D v4.1, which we no longer support since the platform has been updated to v4.5. It could also be possible that there is an underlying issue with the Q400, which we can also look a bit deeper into - but 4.1 was the original release for 1.020 and 1.020a. The newer version has been tested on v4.4 and higher.

• The problem now and then also occurs in the FSX

• Attempt to delete any existing/previously saved situations (if you have any saved) with the Q400, especially any of the .mj1 or .mj2 files found in the situation folder of the flight sim.

• I had that problem too, but if you follow the engine start ck list, the problem disapear when the motors started the fist time. Surprisingly, any other cold and dark following starts are now ok! Give it a try...

• however there is a small bug on the radio compartment. The system will not allows you to set a frequency in the captain radio section. On the right side the number you set will flash.....so you have to set it on the first officier side to work properly. The left side is ok...So may be it is a bug that will have to be fixed eventually....but at this time it is minor....

• Sounds like you may have a bit of a switcholgy issue, perhaps a video showing what you are trying to explain a bit better.

cheers

• On the captain side:I can set a frequency on VOR1. However when I go on VOR2 as soon as I clic on the right button, the vertical VOR2 sign start to flash so I cannot set a frequency....(on captain VOR2 side.)

• Ok, when I suggested a switcholgy issue I am referring to the fact that you may not have the ARCDUs in the correct modes to perform what you are attempting to execute.

BOTH ARCDUs should be set to BOTH or FMS

• You were right! Thanks!

• No problem
  • @kroswynd said:

I have the x64 PRO version of the Dash8Q400 and I wanted to update to 1.020b. And there, disaster, by launching my P3Dv4.1 the plane does not work any more, the popups do not work, buttons remain immobile, I cut the batteries but the electricity remains all the same ... etc

>

>

We have not tested the Q400 on P3D v4.1, which we no longer support since the platform has been updated to v4.5. It could also be possible that there is an underlying issue with the Q400, which we can also look a bit deeper into - but 4.1 was the original release for 1.020 and 1.020a. The newer version has been tested on v4.4 and higher.

I also had that problem and think it was solved but it re appeared after closing my last flight. I can overcome the problem when I start the engine. However it come back every time i restart the plane in cold and black state. Refer to the picture above. I have P3d 4.5 installed and the last update. Did a solution as been found?

• I'm sorry I just read that issue in another section....