update Dash8 x64 PRO v.1.020b

Hello, I have just reinstalled the version which is on "simmarket", is this version already in 1.020b or should I install the pach "update Dash8 x64 PRO v.1.020b"?
Thanks

Comments

• The recently released patch is required

• Thank you, how can we verify that the 1.0.20b patch is the one installed?

• hello,
    I have installed MAJESTIC SOFTWARE - DASH 8Q 400 PRO EDITION 64BIT P3D (SHIFT/DISCOUNT) and the full patch 1.020b.
    After installing the patch the mouse no longer works on P3D when I use the MJC8 Q400

• Copy.... That is a bit of an odd one, have you attempted to uninstall and reinstall? Be sure that you are installing using administrator rights.

Keep us posted

Cheers

• Hi,
    Can I uninstall a patch. Loaded the 32bit instead of 64bit..?

• @Wiregauge said:
    Hi,
    Can I uninstall a patch. Loaded the 32bit instead of 64bit..?

Well you would install the entire package. Are you saying that you inadvertently installed the 32bit version opposed to the 64bit version of the Patch?

• Yes that is correct

• Did installing the correct version rectify your issue?

• I have not tried it yet . Is it ok to do that?

• Well yes.... If you installed the incorrect patch, then most certainly the correct one.
  • I will try installing the 1. MJC84PRO_1.020a_x64 then 2. mjc8-q400-Pro-1_020bx64-patch-inst .
    I will let you know.
    Thanks.

• Hi. I have the 64 bit Pro version, but it's been installed a while. Do I need to get the update?

• Ah ha! It seems I deleted the 64 bit upgrade in a recent delete/re-download/reinstallation, so actually only have 32 bit. How can I get back the 64 bit version please?

• Simply download it from the vendor from which you purchased if you are referring to the installer. if it just the patch that you are inquiring about then its in the usual place - the USER AREA available from our website.

• Hi kroswynd, and thanks. I just looked at that (Just Flight) and couldn't see a way of avoiding re-purchase of the whole package. I went through the process anyway, expecting to find a place to insert the 64 bit upgrade voucher, but couldn't. I guess I'll need to talk to them.

• P.S. I just logged into the user area but my order number wasn't recognised - as I said I think I'll have to repurchase.

• I you have purchased the 64 bit version already then there is no need to repurchase if you have the supporting credentials. If you did not purchase the 64 bit version then you would have to purchase the upgrade.

• Thanks kroswynd. All I need to do is find out how. I've raised a support ticket with Just Flight.

• ok thanks...keep us posted

• Hi,
    " I will try installing the 1. MJC84PRO_1.020a_x64 then 2. mjc8-q400-Pro-1_020bx64-patch-inst .
    I will let you know. "

I ended up Uninstalling and reinstalling :smile:
    mjc8-400-Pro-1_020x64-inst
    MJC84PRO_1.020a_x64
    mjc8-q400-Pro-1_020bx64-patch-inst .

I select vechicle ok and the picture looks good . But it fails to load and P3dv4.329 crashes.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

• Saying why your SIM is crashing without knowing your setup is somewhat of a daunting task.

Try loading at a default airport and see if the same CTD takes place. It is very possible that your settings are to high (something that we have to look into as a possible cause for some CTDs reported previously).

• @kroswynd said:
    ok thanks...keep us posted

My deeply embarrased apologies: Just Flight have confirmed I don't have the 64 bit version - I'm using FSX-SE which is 32 bit.

Andrew

• edited January 2020

@Wiregauge said:
    Hi,
    " I will try installing the 1. MJC84PRO_1.020a_x64 then 2. mjc8-q400-Pro-1_020bx64-patch-inst .
    I will let you know. "

I ended up Uninstalling and reinstalling :smile:
    mjc8-400-Pro-1_020x64-inst
    MJC84PRO_1.020a_x64
    mjc8-q400-Pro-1_020bx64-patch-inst .

I select vechicle ok and the picture looks good . But it fails to load and P3dv4.329 crashes.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

delete all *.mj1 and *.mj2 files in your "P3D V4 files" folder.