2D panels undock on multi-monitor setup

I have a multi-monitor setup where I managed to undock the captain, FO, overhead and center forward panel (with the fmc) and moved them to a different monitor each. Now I'd like to undock the center aft panel (with the ARCDU) but don't get the option to, with a right-click on it. So there's no means to move it from the screen it is displayed on. Is there a cap on the number of 2d panels which can be undocked or am I missing something?
I've got the Pro edition of MJC8 Q400 with P3Dv4.5 and a Windows10 system. 4 of the screens are on one graphic card, whilst the 5th is on an second graphic card.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Comments

• Hello Riams 666,

My setup is with 3 monitors. Pro, P3Dv4.4, Win 7, only one graphic card.

I had problems with the 2D panels and what I did is:
    Left monitor: Pilot (virtual view, not 2D)
    Right monitor: Copilot (virtual view, not 2D)
    Middle monitor: either Overhead, Center Fwd, Center Aft (only 2D)
    If I want to have the FMC or the ARCDU in front of me, I just click on them (Left-click) and they position on my left screen and then I can move them and resize them anywhere I like.

Would this help? If needed I can take photographs of the setup.

JP

• Hi JP

Thank your for your reply and for your idea! What I forgot to mention is, that 3 of these screens are touch screens, and that I would want to get rid, mostly, of mouse usage. That means I need the overhead and center panels to be on these touch screens. I will try your solution with the virtual view, though.

Any other ideas are still welcome, of course.

Cheers
    Richard

• Hi JP,
    I would love to see photos of your configuration. I have a configuration with 8 screens including 5 screens (3 x 19 '') for the pilot, central and co-pilot side. 2 other screens for the overhead panel and the radios, FMS, Throttle.

Can the Pro version allow me to place the panels in the right places?

Thank you
    Christian

• Hello Christian,

Nothing fancy in my little setup.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fu6i8edm1o8kb7k/DSC_1143 b.JPG?dl=0
    Since the time I took this picture, the central screen is not virtual cockpit anymore but 2D and I prefer it that way. On the central screen I can either have the overhead or fore or aft panels.

Regards,

JP

• Hi JP,

Are there 2D panels on the pilot and co-pilot side?
    What are the problems with 2D panels?
    I use Wideview for the external view on another PC so I only need instruments on the main PC.

Thank you
    Christian

• Hello Christian,

Yes you could use the pilot and copilot 2D but I had problems to do that and I did not like it too much as you could not see outside the way that I like it so my pilot and copilot panels are virtual panels and only my overhead, fore and aft are 2 D panels.

I found out however that you have to be careful when loading the Q400 with this configuration otherwise you get a CTD.

So you load first a stock plane, then a Q400 with ALL the panels "virtual" and when finished loaded you can load the Q400 with the virtual pilot and copilot and the overhead, fore and aft 2D panels and it works that way.

I'll make more pictures and i'll post them to show you the results that I get with this setup.

As I said, this suit me fine but another setup can suit you better, it is a question of taste.

Regards,

JP

• Hi JP,
    Could you provide me with your email by private message so that I can send you some pictures of my cockpit to see if it would be possible to adapt the panels of the Q400?

thank you
    Christian