RNAV GNSS Approach tutorial

Does anyone know a simple RNAV approach tutorial in PDF format.
I have watched many youtube tutorial but they do not use the same method?

Comments

• I don't know any, but will try to show you how I fly these approaches today or tomorrow.

• Thank you very much, I am looking forward reading your tutorial soon

• edited April 2020

So, quickly, I hope I have not forgotten anything. The variant with vectoring is sure to come tomorrow. If I have forgotten something, you can correct it. However, some things may be handled really differently from airline to airline.
    Don't be surprised, EYVI once had the Rwy 02, now 01 and VI314 is now NESER.

• Hi,

Some other interesting document in that context:

gf3.myriapyle.net/aero/Fichiers/RNP.pdf

Rgds
    Reinhard

• Here are the complete suggestions, certainly not the most beautiful look, but I hope it helps! Otherwise feel free to ask.

• FraPre,

Many thanks!!!

Rgds
    Reinhard

• Thanks Reinhard,
    important that it helps the thread creator and maybe others. Visually, you could have done a lot more, but on the one hand, the data size would have been limited, on the other hand, you also have to have the program options. I would also have liked a commented video tutorial, since unfortunately available tutorials often do not contain the desired information. It may be that my path is not the right one or that I missed something, but I cannot assess that now. If the training edition comes, RAIM would also have to be considered. It would be nice if you mentioned the 2-3 differences to the Training Manual FMS. @kroswynd nd, do you have any options to question?

• Thank you very much for your RNAV tutorial, I will do it and come back if I have any questions.
    Best

• Hello,
    I followed the tutorial.
    It worked perfectly with a VNAV path, but when I activated APPR manually crossing BILDI, the airplane suddenly left the LNAV path to go direct to RW1????
    What is wrong?
    Other question why to set RPN to 0.30?
    Best

• The activation of the approach using ACT APPR on the NAV page is only carried out when you are cleared to intercept the final approach course and you are on the corresponding course / HDG to intercept because, all navigation points between the current position of the Aircraft deleted until Capture Fix (CF) because you basically no longer need it. When you have done this at or near BILDI, BILDI and VI314 (new version NESER) have been deleted and a direct connection has been established between your aircraft and VI312 as CF (IF). If you are in LNAV mode at the moment, the autopilot automatically follows this path. If you are on the given routings, here the STAR BILDI yxz with a subsequent RNAV (GNSS) approach to 01, you do not need to activate the approach manually, this happens automatically when the CF / IF is the TO Waypoint in sequence. This is only necessary, when flying over vectors, if the FMS is to fly the approach.
    The RNP for an RNAV (GPS / GNSS) is 0.30, the dash sets the value for a normal RNAV approach to 0.50, so this must be changed manually.

• Thank you very much for your comments. I think I have correctly understood and succeeded in flying a complete RNAV approach.
    The activation of the VNAV path is a little complicate in the dash FMS as compared to more recent aircrafts such as 737 or Airbus. But when you have understood the different steps, it works fine.
    The different tutorials I had read before where not clear on the ways to activate Lnav and VNAV but your tutorial was excellent.
    Best regards

• Hello, a last question, what to do with the R(RW#) with the nav course which is added to my flightplan when I execute a RNAV approach?
    Best

• Sorry, just don't know what you mean. Can you please put a picture.

• In this example, I selected a RNAV approach for LSZS and a new waypoint was added between ardax and ronag R21 CRS 221 which is the course of the final approach after ronag

• Well, that marks the beginning of the approach stored in the navigation data bank, and is not really a navigation point in the actual sense. In your case, an RNAV approach> R <, with an ILS approach an> I <, .....
    All navigation points afterwards may not be changed with their restrictions.