Guidance on how to get the full front view [Resolved!]

edited April 2020 in Customer support

Hello,
It appears the Dash 8 uses the Shift-1 combination to bring up the full empty front view. When I do this, I get just the top 2/5's of the forward view, below it is black empty screen. If I hit a key to bring up the Next panel view (W), I get the full empty view, but this time w/ the analog gauges stretched across the bottom. If I hit Next panel one more time I finally get what I'm hoping to, which is the full screen empty unobstructed view. Can anyone guide me on how to eliminate these key presses and get right to what I'm after on the first press?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• We have not gone anywhere, its just that not every post will get an expeditious response depending one whether a user or forum administrator is able to at a given time.

Depending on the version of the Q400 that you own results may vary. If you are Pilot Ed user then you will only 2/5ths of the screen, where as PRO Ed. which have the 2D panels would have the associated panels displayed.

• Can you guide me on how to edit the panels so I can see the 3rd 'next panel' first? I'm only after getting a straight empty view out the front.

• Something tells me no help will be forthcoming here. I will save a backup copy of panel.cfg and play with it until I figure it out myself. Bye Bye

• edited April 2020

Have you tried F10? This is merely the default 2D view within the sim platform.
    This also may be of help.
    http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/getting_started/view_system/using_views_and_windows.html#InstrumentPanels

@NoelCP said:
    Something tells me no help will be forthcoming here. I will save a backup copy of panel.cfg and play with it until I figure it out myself. Bye Bye

Sorry you feel this way
    Cheers

• It's true, you folks are the least helpful 'customer service' I've experienced in the entire flight sim world over 35y now. You're legendary! But you choose to be this way and that is your right. I like the plane I just understand 'support' is kind of a joke. Bye

• edited April 2020

@NoelCP said:
    It's true, you folks are the least helpful 'customer service' I've experienced in the entire flight sim world over 35y now. You're legendary! But you choose to be this way and that is your right. I like the plane I just understand 'support' is kind of a joke. Bye

You question was answered, I don't see how was not being helpful. Because your post is not snapped with a response within two minutes of posting a question? In case you were not aware we do have regular jobs amidst of our daily operation of the forum in which a response can take up to 24 hours.

Calling us a joke is OK, as we are not always able to please everyone we serve, but we thank you kindly for your continued support.

Cheers

• Let me put it where the goats can get it: since I clearly CAN get to the full unobstructed front view, by first hitting Shift-1, then W twice, or as you mention F10, then W twice, this tells me this full view IS in fact available to me. What I'm hoping for since you presumably understands how panel.cfg's definitions of various windows work that you might then guide me on how to edit that so that I can avoid the extra key presses. I frequently go from VC to this view so would much prefer to avoid the extra two W key hits every time. Can you do this? If not, can you ask someone you work with how to do this? Thanks

• While I do not have a good solution for you apart from the fact that using the sequence already in place to acquire the required view that you need is the best way forward.

The Pilot Edition of the Q400 when designed was primarily for the simmer who just needs a basic setup to fly the aircraft without additional monitors.

Cheers.

• @NoelCP said:
    It's true, you folks are the least helpful 'customer service' I've experienced in the entire flight sim world over 35y now. You're legendary! But you choose to be this way and that is your right. I like the plane I just understand 'support' is kind of a joke. Bye

That's rich, coming from you. It was a joke question to begin with, and the reply was factual, and correct. What about it was incorrect, and unfactual? Latterly, you have even been given the reasoning why...

• It's ok let's just agree to avoid each other. Sometimes that is the best policy. Best wishes and stay well.

This discussion has been closed.