Computer freezes near WP BLACA

Hello,

When flying from EGAC towards EGPH / EGPE, about 6 Nm before the WP BLACA the computer freezes completely.

This does not happen when flying over BLACA on the way back.

I did a good bit of tests and it would appear that the problem occurs only when flying to BLACA from the SW to the NE only.
I found a way out: select DTO GIRVA or TRN immediately after take off from EGAC. By doing this it avoids being too near GIRVA and the computer does not freeze.

I tried to fly without FMS, only on HDG and had the same problem. Weather ON or OFF, same problem.

I could not replicate it with a default aircraft.

I have the Q400 PRO with latest patch
WIN7
Latest AIRAC from NAVIGRAPH
ORBX

Does someone flying the same route(s) encounter the same problem?

Thanks and regards,

JP

Comments

• Hi,

I did not yet fly this route but I had a similar behavior in the past in an area of Austria. When I approached Vienna on of the STARs, the sim crashed. Other STARs worked without any problem.

The solution I found after a hint of another user: I had installed a pack of freeware VFR fields for that region. And one of them had a problem. And when this airport came insight from above, the sim crashed.

So maybe you look, which airports you have installed in that region and try to disable them.

Just a hint, which might help in some cases if nothing else helps.

Rgds
    Reinhard

• Hello Reinhard,

Thank you so much for your answer.

I'll have a look at your suggestion and I'll remove some airports around BLACA but they are about 30 to 50 odd miles from BLACA.

Anyway it is worth trying and I let you know.

Regards,

JP

• Hi Reinhard,

I uninstall all 3rd party airports in a 100 Nm radius and exactly the same problem occured.

So it is not coming from there.

I forgot to mention Prepar3dv4.

Regards,

JP

• JP

Will check to see if I am able to replicate this issue,. Won't be back home till about Wed, but will keep you posted. Do you have a specific route that we could test?

Chers
  • Hi Simeon,

You could try this one:

EGAC BLACA P600 GIRVA EGPH

It freezees about 6 Nm before BLACA. If after toff I'll go DTO GIRVA it passes abeam GIRVA about 8 Nm and there it is OK.

Thanks and regards,

JP

• Hi JP,

I am already on P3Dv5. But for reference I will try to fly this route.

Rgds
    Reinhard

• JP,

I did now the same flight in P3Dv5 and everything worked fine. This doesn't help you with your problem.

Rgds
    Reinhard

• Thank you Reinhard,

I use p3dv4 so it could be different with v5.

Anyway with computers softwares there are so many parameters to take into account that I could have something in mine that nobody else have which would be the culprit.

As I said I found a way out when I go North East from Belfast and it works if I am not too near BLACA.

Thanks again and regards,

JP