APU Lights

When I shut down the APU prior to engine start, several of the APU related lights on the overhead panel flash
erratically and continuously. What am I doing wrong ?
Thank you,
Ken B.

Comments

• Have you used the 2D overhead at any point during this phase?

Are you using the most current release of the Q400?
  • It is very likely that I used the overhead 2D panel. Is that a problem ?
    I think I'm using the ( FSX Accel) Version 1.020a . What is easiest way
    to verify the version ?
    Thank you,
    Ken

• Thank you for the quick replies. Two questions >>
    1. What is easiest way to confirm my installed Q400 version ?
    2. Does installation of the 1.020b update require un-installing my present Q400
    before installing the update ? Or, will the 1.020b update simply overwrite, replace,
    and / or add files as necessary to my present Q400 installation ?
    Best regards,
    Ken

1. The software version can be checked on the ISI screen. Turn all the electrics off, click on the ISI (standby instrument) screen to bring up the pop-up, turn the batteries back on. The version of the software will be indicated in the A/C field (1007 or above) for a few seconds.

2. It is not necessary to uninstall the previous copy of the Q400, since the installer will do it automatically anyway, however if you have made changes to the .ini and aircraft.cfg then it would be wise to back them up before doing so as they will be over-written

• Thank you again for the replies. Where can I find Ver 1.020b so that I can download it ?
    I bought my Q400 from "Just Flight " in 2015 (please see attachment).
    I am currently running Q400 version 1.020a and would like to install the latest
    fix (version 1.020b ? ). What is easiest way to obtain it ?
    I have searched the Majestic web site (and my account); and also my Just Flight
    account but have not seen any available Q400 downloads labeled _v1.020b _ anywhere. At Majestic (unless I misunderstand) I believe I read that this "b"
    update (from 2019) would not be available for download at vendor's (Just Flight's)
    web site.
    Ken

• Instructions were posted in the link from my previous post.

• I have read those instructions (more than once).
    Quote :

"The PATCH/UPDATE will not be available from your accounts_ if_ the vendor from which you have purchased the aircraft." << What does this mean ? I think it's the

"if" word in the sentence that is cornfuzing me ~;) The sentence does not make
    sense to me; butt I'm just a simple Earthling.
    "If" possible, please clarify..........
    Thank you,
    Ken

• The patch may be obtained/downloaded from your accounts whick is located in the USER AREA of the Majestic Software website.

The PATCH/UPDATE will not be available from your accounts of the vendor from which you have purchased the aircraft.
  • Hi Elsmoko,
    I am only using 2D panels and confirm that the latest UPDATE / PATCH fixes this problem.

Bye
    Christian

• Many thanks, both for the clarification and the encouragement.
    I love the airplane lots, and hope Majestic will "tackle" other
    aircraft >> `bout anything's OK with me except a glider >
    I prefer powered AC ~:)
    Best regards,
    Ken Boardman

• edited November 2020

Does the available "Patches and Updates" section of my Majestic account page look
    correct ? The only available download there states it's for "Boxed" version only
    and states it is version 1.020a. Both my "Pilot" and "Pro" Q400 purchases were
    downloaded from Just Flight.
    I am guessing this won't work for me, as I'm after the "Pro" Ver 1.020b for the
    downloaded Q400 Pro (not boxed). Sorry for all the questions. Just trying hard to
    " get it right ". Seems like the "Pro" version download(s) are missing from my
    Majestic account page.
    I've attached a screen cap of my currently active Majestic account page and my
    Just Flight account purchase pages for both Pilot and Pro
    Thanks again,
    Ken

• The PRO Edition is what you need to update as 2D panels are not a part of the PILOT edition.

You will have to use the order number for the PRO edition to access the USER AREA.

DO NOT post images of your order number

Cheers

• My Bad on the images. I will try again with the correct order #.
    Thank you,
    Ken

• Keep us posted.

Cheers

• Got the Pro update installed and all is well now. Even got TCS and GA programmed
    to te CH Fighterstick. Need to figure out why "AP Disconnect" which is presently
    assigned to the CH Fighterstick button 2 (top red button) not only disconnects
    the AP but dumps me outside in external view ~:) But that's a personal problem which
    I'll get to this eve. If I can't get it to work via the J stick connector feature on FStick
    button 2, I'll just create a "z" key assignment to a different button.
    Many thanks for your patience and all your help with this.
    Best regards,
    Ken