Majestic Software's Visual Extension Pack 2021 (Beta WIP)

edited July 2021 in ANNOUNCEMENTS!!

Fellow Simviators,

We have been quiet over the few weeks since the posting of the virtual cabin for the Majestic Software Q400. While still cranking code on the TRAINING Edition, we have been developing a "Visual Extension Pack 2021" for the Q400 with a few of the suggested items requested a few months ago. Beta testing is underway and going rather well thus far, there is still some tweaking to be completed, but most of the heavy lifting on this project has been done.

A list of the features included with the release of the Visual Extension Pack 2021 in the following weeks to come has been provided.

Features list:

• Improved realism due to usage of PBR materials for the exterior model and the virtual cockpit

• Improved visual model smoothness

• Textures adjustments for better detailing of the airframe elements

• More realistic modeling of the passenger cabin with seatbelts/no smoking indicators simulated

• Visible wheel chocks, pitot tube, and the engine intake covers while parked

• Visible wing supports in a case of damage wheel/landing gear assembly

• improved resolution of the exterior markings

• Several improvements of the virtual cockpit markings resolution

• Improved virtual cockpit night lighting

• Added simulated reflections on the cockpit controls and switches for the better night visibility

• Improved landing/approach/taxi lights

• Integrated True Glass library from TFDi for the realistic precipitation effects on windshield

• Includes bonus Fly Baboo livery

We will provide further details regarding pricing and availability in the upcoming weeks.

We thank you all for your continued support.

The Majestic Software Team

Comments

• Great seeing the updates coming into swing.
  • This is very very exciting. day 1 purchase. Will we need all new livery's?

• edited July 2021

@micstatic said:
    This is very very exciting. day 1 purchase. Will we need all new livery's?

Existing liveries are still usable, although some may have to make some adjustments where exterior technical markings overlap as i have noticed with a few third party liveries.

• Please tell me you're about to release the Mighty Dash 8 for MSFS 2020. You've got my order for the Pro edition.

• @Postalmaintenanceman said:
    Please tell me you're about to release the Mighty Dash 8 for MSFS 2020. You've got my order for the Pro edition.

We will make announcements regard that platform when we have something to report. At this time that platform is not a priority for Majestic as we have a a few other projects planned before going full force into that platform.

• edited July 2021
    The new visual extension pack looks awesome. Thank you @Boss @kroswynd.
    I would like to pass a suggestion. Please remove the HGS cloth cover while HGS is not in use to give more cleaner look to the equipment. Many operators don't use this cover.
    Thanks and regards
  • @LineDX said:
    I would like to pass a suggestion. Please remove the HGS cloth cover while HGS is not in use to give more cleaner look to the equipment. Many operators don't use this cover.
    Thanks and regards

I do not agree.
    the fabric cover on the HGS display is mandatory, I say this because I flew with planes that had the HUD, the display is made of a polycarbonate material that scratches even with the only dust in the air, ruining it. it is within the operating procedure of using the HUD system to cover the display at the end of use, if they do not and only through negligence on the part of the crew.

• @toppe said:

@LineDX said:
    Thanks and regards

I do not agree.
    the fabric cover on the HGS display is mandatory, I say this because I flew with planes that had the HUD, the display is made of a polycarbonate material that scratches even with the only dust in the air, ruining it. it is within the operating procedure of using the HUD system to cover the display at the end of use, if they do not and only through negligence on the part of the crew.

I agree with this as well. I too flew the Dash with a HUD and SOP storing the combiner (technical nomenclature for the glass that flips down) required the “oven mitt” to be installed. Now, some crews opted to remove the oven mitt and store the combiner in anticipation of its use, but like I said that was not SOP.