Landing and Flare lights, logo lights plus interior lighting.

edited August 2021 in General

First up nice work on the PBR and the general upgrade.
A couple of observations.
The interior lights approaching night are popping in far to late.
It might be a True Light thing but the cockpit is pretty dark even with all lights at max intensity and then at a set time they just appear to come on. The come on time is far to late meaning numerous things are very hard to read then at a set time bang than go fully bright. Can we get the turn on time brought forward.
Also while the splash areas for the landing a flare lights are fine the actual globes in the wing lights appear barely illuminated. hey are clearly visible and during the day and very bright at night right now we have a big splash but little origin.

Any chance of getting the bulbs in the wings lit up some more.
Also the splash from the logo lights appears very dark ie barely lighting the tail.
Cheers and thanks for the update.

Comments

• edited August 2021

To add it appears the Logolight thing is time related as well. Just after dark its quite dim getting brighter as time advances. Any chance of getting that adjusted as well?

• @DarrenH

How are you? Thanks for the input regarding the lights. I will push this to out modeler to see if anything can be done.

Cheers

• i wonder if this is a problem with a particular simulator. I never seen the lights come suddenly as a "bang" as DarrenH describe. Could you tell us which flight simulator version you are using ?

• @kroswynd said:
    @DarrenH

How are you? Thanks for the input regarding the lights. I will push this to out modeler to see if anything can be done.

Cheers

Going well thanks.
    Nice work on the update!!
    Cheers

• edited August 2021

@Boss said:
    i wonder if this is a problem with a particular simulator. I never seen the lights come suddenly as a "bang" as DarrenH describe. Could you tell us which flight simulator version you are using ?

Whilst I cannot speak for DarrenH, the original poster, I have seen this behavior with other aircraft, including default aircraft, in FSX, and in my now current simulator, P3Dv4.5 HF3.

When it does happen, it's just like somebody has flicked the light switch on in a dark room. The instruments go from dim and hard to see, to instantly lit and bright. It can be quite a surprise, depending on the current amount of light displayed outside the aircraft, and the resulting ambient light inside the cockpit. For example, brighter light due to clear skies and a nice sunset, versus, say, a dimmer light due to cloud cover. I've always dismissed it as "well that is just how the simulator works". I'd also guess that simulator settings could probably make this effect better or worse, such as having panel shadows enabled, or not, in P3D; and also 3rd-party shader enhancement software.

I cannot recall if it does it with my Pro Edition Q400. I don't fly this aircraft enough a night ... or, when I do, it is usually well after dark and never during that dusk-to-evening transition time; so if the Dash did do this then it's likely not going to be something that might be noticed by me. Besides, if it did occur, I would again dismiss it as I do for other aircraft; as a "well that is just how the simulator works" event.

However, if the "come on time" is adjustable, then that's certainly something all modelers should carefully investigate and try to get right to avoid that "sharp suddenness". If this does happen with the Dash as DarrenH suggests, and it can be adjusted, then that would be great.

Footnote: I would suggest that this event occurs at the exact same time the simulator turns on the runway and apron lighting effects in the sim. Therefore, if there's no internal code or scripting in the model that handles the instrument lights specifically, then this "sudden" timing probably cannot be adjusted.