Visual Update problems

Hi
I believe that my new VC textures have not loaded, I have compared Overhead picture on Forum and my overhead is still the same as before update.
Also the only 2D cabin views I have are as before plus rear looking passenger loading view.
I have confirmed this with Cfg file

I do have new Baboo livery.

I use P3Dv4.5 on Widows 10

Regards

Comments

• Hi,
    I would recommend un-installing and re-installing, make any backups if needed of your aircraft.cfg to save the liveries info.

Keep us posted and possibly include images for verification. As a test in the cabin turn on your seatbelt and no smoking signs in the flight deck to see if they are illuminated in the cabin.

• I did as you suggested Uninstall and Reinstall but no change.

The only cabin view I have is the rear looking 2d View.

Have att. Screenshot of overhead after reinstall and screenshot
    of CFG File

(http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/uploads/editor/jf/l0949rjztmat.png "")

(http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/uploads/editor/gs/vaw35tt2g6av.jpg "")

• edited August 2021
    Hi @SteveC,

Looking at your image it would appear that the extension was installed, but not quite sure as the image seems a bit washed out.

Did you conduct the test as requested while in the cabin with the seat Belt and no smoking signs to verify if the lights illuminate?

If you have doubts as to if the extension package did actually install, are you ensuring that the visual extension package is pointed to where your your dash 8 Q400 addon is installed?

Keep us posted.
  • I could not conduct the test to see if the lights illuminate as I do not have those views.

As I stated the with my first post the only new view I have is rearward looking passengers boarding view. No Cabin views at all.

I do believe that update was pointed to the correct location as the Baboo livery was installed ok.

• Ok well, are you able to observe the nose wheel chocks when the engines are shutdown and parking brakes set?

With the Bamboo livery as a part of your liveries, it is very likely that the extension has been installed.

In your .cfg clip you only show 2 camera positions, but there are more than that. How many do you see?

• Yes chocks were showing.
    13 Camera positions.

• With the chocks being visible the extension has been installed correctly.

You advised that you do not have the cabin views but if you right click with the mouse within your VC you should see options to take you into the cabin where in the the cabin views would be permissible.

Your overhead panel switches do conform to the updated package from the image posted, but as I mentioned you lr image does appear slighted washed out which may have to do with your in game settings.

• Please find image of Right click views available.
    I have my image settings on high ( 4096 ) Resolution.
    I can check individual settings if you advise best settings.

• The options that you indicate for "Aircraft" would provide access to the cabin views. I will not provide best settings as the user is the best person to determine what settings his/her PC can best handle.

I will however, as mentioned before confirm that the Visual Extension Package ahs been installed and appears to be working as it should.

• I am disappointed with this software and cannot accept it is my settings that are at fault.
    I have tweaked a lot of settings and no change. I run on 4096 Res.
    The cabin view that I wanted, and was one of the reasons I purchased this software I cannot get and that should be obvious from my available views.
    I do not have the attatched view .

• We have only created a few views by default. We are not able to determine all of the prefered views that a user will like, which is why users have the opportunity to set their own views. This can also be done via Chase Plane if you use the utility.

In your initial post, you referenced the new VC textures not loading. Ony certain aspects of the VC were worked on which we were forthcoming on in the items that were addressed in this update. I suspect you are questioning the textures of the VC remaining the same, which in this case they are as anything text that is part of the "variable lighting" system in the panel will appear as it did before. We elected not to change this as this would require a complete re-work of the entire cockpit since they are part of gauges in the aircraft.

The list of items included in the update are as follows:
    +Improved realism due to usage of PBR materials for the exterior model and the virtual cockpit
    +Improved visual model smoothness
    +Textures adjustments for better detailing of the airframe elements
    +More realistic modelling of the passenger cabin with seatbelts/no smoking indicators simulated
    +Visible wheel chocks, pitot tube, and the engine intake covers while parked
    +Visible wing supports in a case of damage wheel/landing gear assembly
    improved resolution of the exterior markings
    +Several improvements of the virtual cockpit markings resolution
    +Improved virtual cockpit night lighting
    +Added simulated reflections on the cockpit controls and switches for the better night visibility
    +Improved landing/approach/taxi lights
    +Integrated True Glass library from TFDi for the realistic precipitation effects on windshield
    +Includes bonus Fly Baboo livery

We apologize that this visual update has not met your expectations, and appreciate your input regarding the matter.

• First of all sorry, I didn't know that it was possible to edit 2D Views.

I now know how to do it and have got a view the similar to yours plus one other.( Very satisfying setting them up)
    Yes the No smoking and Seatbelt signs do work.

I have been using Chase Plane for many years

I ham now happy with this update and love the True Glass effects.

Now off to do another flight.

Thank you for your prompt and patient replies.

KInd Regards