Majestic Software's plans for Microsoft's upcoming Flight Simulator 2020

With the official release of Microsoft's Flight Simulator 2020 just hours away we decided it was time to provide our intentions for the upcoming platform. We are pleased to see that Microsoft has ventured back into the Flight Simulator arena, and we anticipate that we too shall be developing our products for MSFS2020.

We were not active participants of the Alpha or Beta testing process so we don't have much insight regarding the inner workings of the platform, we have been patiently awaiting an SDK, but will more than likely have to wait for an official version to be released. before determining how we move forward. That being said, we can not and will not provide a time frame as to how soon the Q300 or Q400 will enter the MSFS 2020 arena, BUT we will certainly be joining the band-wagon with the PILOT, PRO and TRAINING Editions (we'll have to evaluate the COCKPIT Edition to see how that will work.)

Development & Support:
Development for the P3D 64bit platform will however continue, and there will be continued "support" for all versions of the 32bit platforms (FSX and P3D) as well as the current 64bit versions.

We are finally getting closer to a Beta release for testing as the development of the FDR functionality nears completion. In a few weeks, we'll show some footage of the FDR functionality which can be used for various applications (be it professional or for fun), i.e, reviewing departure and approach performance profiles, VA's can also see its benefit by reviewing a Shared Cockpit check rides, and the list goes on.

We thank you all for your continued support and we look to the exhilarating future with the new MSFS 2020.

The Majestic Software Team

Comments

• Hi,

Thanks for the good news.

Dash q400 is an amazing player and your version is amazing too, but, I think it deserves an update, specially the fmc performance page.

Anyway I would like to know what do you mean Cockpit edition? More detail? More functions? More realism?

Thank you a lot.

Kind Regards,
    AN

• More than likely there will not be any changes to the current FMS functionality, having to have re-written its code for the 64bit platform has really set us back time wise, and we need to move forward.

• Great News. Thanks.

• Hello, always good hearing news from majestic, I just want a little clarification on what is meant by “Cockpit edition”?... Is the pertaining to the Q400 or Q300?

• edited August 2020

It pertains to the Q400 at this time. The Cockpit Edition is more geared towards the cockpit builder and will have touch screen functionality whereas the TRAINING Edition will not have touchscreen functionality, and the advanced input/output for devices will be for the Cockpit Edition only.

This has been discussed previously here:
    http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/704/the-majestic-2020-roadmap#latest

• Mjc q400 is probably my favorite fs addon and im somewhat surprised you didnt take part in the alpha of msfs. Did you like some few others think that msfs would be a flop? Shortlived hype that would dissappear into the sunset? It just reached 1 million sales, in 2 weeks and in the after hindsight maybe you and some others could be more pro active. You got a new customerbase on top of the old now and the possible large sales numbers for your q400 is definetly there. I hope to see some more information and signs that you actually want to get into msfs and not just good intentions like you just rescently discovered msfs.

• edited September 2020
    @Bob1

There is "Nothing" to be surprised about, MS was selective in who they wanted on the alpha and beta teams which is not a big deal. We do also have other ongoing projects that are a higher priority so we were not pressed, I don't see what the big deal is. From various reports alpha/beta teams members barely had any solidified input as there are still many aspects of the platform that require work.

What we think of MSFS bears no relevance on its success the important thing is getting hands on the completed SDK when it is ready so that we can look at moving forward for developing for the new platform. Until then we trod along with our other tasks and we will provide updates to the community when deem it necessary to do so.

It's not a rat race, and if it is, we don't operate in that manner, just because of the hyped platform. It is a great stride in our flight simulation world for which I think we are all pleased to see, but bear I mind that it is still in its infancy stages and one can not expect complex developers to come blazing out of the gates 1 to 3 months after release.
  • i totally agree with crosswind,
    well said,
    everyone talks as if planning or implementing a program were as simple as drinking a glass of water, it takes time, dedication and concentration.
    I believe that today, among professional simulator software, majestic is second only to PRO.SIM, and PRO.SIM with the too high price is out of commercial parameters.
    I have been involved in my dash8 Q400 home cockpit project from 2 years, I am a beta tester of the training version and I was able to appreciate the professionalism and seriousness of majestic, I am sure that the developers have already made their choices, and certainly we will not be disappointed at the end.

• Can't wait to see the Q400 in MSFS quite frankly. My initial reactions in MSFS after installing and learning the basics was to want to go back to the old soft shoe P3D w/ the lovely Dash 8. But curious to see more w/ the new sim and understand configuration a little better, I've really come to appreciate what it means to fly thru the real world--it's way more than just 'eye-candy' which can have a neutral to negative connotation amongst the hard-core. Flying thru good quality landclass-based artist renderings was the best possible for its time, but now it shows just how off it really is. I don't see going back quite frankly. This being said, I will likely continue to use P3D w/ all of the many scenery and weather add-ons accumulated thru the years, and enjoy doing longer flights in the PMDG/Majestic models, then jump into MSFS for regional charters, so it's kind of a nice way to use both sims. Now, if n when the Dash 8 appears in MSFS, I may never go back to P3D I can already tell. It's just way too compelling, despite its immature state, and one gets the sense MS/Asobo will aggressively address its shortcomings, which appear mostly to be in the realm of tweaking, versus needing to overhaul anything bigtime. The writing is in on wall in bold letters!

• As an owner of the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 Pro edition in P3D, I am struggling to contain the enjoyment I get from hearing you are going to develop the Q400 for MSFS 2020. Without the Majestic Q400 in the sim, I will not be complete as a person. I must have it 😁 My favourite add on for any flight sim bar non.

There is a reason none of the big guns including Majestic have not produced a working aircraft for MSFS 2020 yet, and that is because the SDK just isn't ready. We are slowly seeing port overs from FSX and P3D and a few are okay but some are just terrible. I know Majestic will not go at this half cocked. They will put it the same level of detail as they have with all their other aircraft. And I am more than happy to wait, Just not too long please guys and girls. 😊

• Yes, it could be one of the deciding factors about when to switch to the newer sim.
    Certainly it's nothing to write home about AT MOMENT.

• Keeping honest, I'm happy enough running the dash in a pure flight simulator where you can import flight plans from the cockpit, change your airport without having to get back to the main menu in a gamish manner, having to choose my aircraft again with a boring livery menu scrolling, a world map that I need to explore, do not have to get back to main menu just only for change my stand or gate, do not have press any key to fly, and all of this stuff.
    My wish would be more about MSFS would come to MJC8Q400 at P3D style and functionability than moving one of the best if not just the best professional aircarft addon to a gamish platform like MSFS.
    I've spent more than 200 hours in MSFS since alpha state and sincerely my wishes goes more to continue enjoying the dash in a pure flight simulator like P3D.
    Congratulations for your amazing work!

Richard Groy

• @rgroy said:
    Keeping honest, I'm happy enough running the dash in a pure flight simulator where you can import flight plans from the cockpit, change your airport without having to get back to the main menu in a gamish manner, having to choose my aircraft again with a boring livery menu scrolling, a world map that I need to explore, do not have to get back to main menu just only for change my stand or gate, do not have press any key to fly, and all of this stuff.
    My wish would be more about MSFS would come to MJC8Q400 at P3D style and functionability than moving one of the best if not just the best professional aircarft addon to a gamish platform like MSFS.
    I've spent more than 200 hours in MSFS since alpha state and sincerely my wishes goes more to continue enjoying the dash in a pure flight simulator like P3D.
    Congratulations for your amazing work!

Richard Groy

msfs is packed with top modern technology that no other simulator have and more is coming. Flight characteristics is for the most very good in msfs and way beyond what p3d can deliver. It remains some finetuning on certain areas and specially the sdk have to be improved if we are going to see products form pmdg and MJC. There are a few bugs with the engine simulation and the jets needs to be tuned too. A lot has been done in the last few updates and the ga planes are a dream to fly with regards they are default planes. Can only imagine how this will be with A2A in near future. Put in perspective regarding p3d, after 10 years of development, flight characterstics and ground handling havent been touched and are just as hopeless as in fsx. Turboprop is complete unrealistic and not flight worthy. Even the regular piston engines is not simulated in the right way. Helicopter simulation is so far from reality as you can get. Msfs got some work to do here, not trying to hide that but it was launched 3 months ago and hasnt been on the market for 10 years like p3d.

I think we need to look past the "game" aspect you point out, like when you start the sim a big xbox sign hits you in the face. Sure, they are targeting a broad market but that doesnt change the fact msfs has modern sim technology that with products from MJC, pmdg, a2a etc will truly make a fantastic simulator.

• Bob. You make some good points, but I still find MSFS unflyable for a multitude of aspects. While it can be said that P3D somewhat has the fly on rails feel. MSFS is almost the opposite. Like it tries too hard to simulate "real life" physics to the point it is also unrealistic. Obviously it seems like the sim has a good chance of being the one we all use in a few years, it still seems further away than closer to me. I remember being immensely excited leading up to its release. Got into the alpha, and was really let down. The other concerns I have with MSFS are performance and the updates. One of the nice things about the Q400 in p3d is the amazing performance. don't see how that will be possible in MSFS. I also really am not a fan of mandatory updates in msfs. As those of us who have been doing this for a long time would point out. It's very common for simulator updates to break our favorite addons. Some minor some major. But having the ability to delay or sometimes even skip updates is huge. I couldn't imagine being on MSFS and intending to do a q400 flight from A to B only to get an unplanned update that makes the plane unflyable.

• Any improvements by MS to the flight dynamics is really a moot point. As the Majestic Q400 sits right now, in P3D, it does not use the internal FDE, instead using the JBsim FDE. I would hope that Majestic hold to that form going forward into MS's latest and greatest "simulator."
    I fly the Q400 using a yoke, and it is nothing, "like flying on rails." Joystick controllers are more precise when it comes to returning to centre, too precise for my liking, which may make flying seem more rigid. Maybe those users should take a look at;

1. FDE to FSX sync is enabled. (found in the Q400 control panel app.)
      Some users disable this to stop the bouncing/jumping affect as seen when the external FDE syncs the aircraft position with the geographic position in the simulator.

The rest are found in the Q400 ini file.

2. YAW DUE TO PROPWASH =1.0 ( I am not certain if a lower decimal value would work with this setting, it may be 1 or 0 only. You may want to consider having rudder pedals for this setting. Using the twist axis on a joystick will be a bit of a juggling act in a crosswind.)

3. TURBULENCE FACTOR =0.35 (or higher depending on your weather engine settings, and personal preference. *** Hold on tight, it gets bumpy! ;0)

4. AUTO RUDDER FACTOR =0.0 (sometimes default is set to 1.0 ??? )

Just some things to try while we all wait for Asobo/MS to finish their/our sim of the future.

Happy Holidays, and wishing you all the best for the Happiest New Year.
      Jax

• @Jax_in_BC said:

Any improvements by MS to the flight dynamics is really a moot point. As the Majestic Q400 sits right now, in P3D, it does not use the internal FDE, instead using the JBsim FDE.

How moot that really is at least im not sure of. Maybe you are in a postition to absolute conclude that. I would assume the more advanced and complex the default flight dynamics is in msfs will have an impact on the external fde. The sdk needs to be more finished, that is for sure.

• Hi Bob1, As I understand it the JSBSim flight model used in the Q400, is a stand-alone program. It does not use, or require the use of the default (in sim) flight dynamics modeling, whether it is FSX, P3D, or MSFS. That being said, It is possible that Asobo are using the JSBSim FDM in the new MSFS.

• If and when Assobo finish the sim, THEN I might be interested.

In the meantime, there is no reason to be putting FS2020 in the same category as P3D or even FSX for that matter and there is NO REASON for Majestic to even look at it, in my CONSIDERED opnion. So far, all that has been achieved is a mish-mash of peurile aviating drivel.

Resume viewing in about Six Months.

There should be a plausible SDK by then, instead of a bunch of amateurs just fecking abaht with the new toy, cluelessly and joylessly... Or just as likely there won't be, because Asobo reach will have exceeded their grasp. Again.

• @snave said:
    If and when Assobo finish the sim, THEN I might be interested.

In the meantime, there is no reason to be putting FS2020 in the same category as P3D or even FSX for that matter and there is NO REASON for Majestic to even look at it, in my CONSIDERED opnion. So far, all that has been achieved is a mish-mash of peurile aviating drivel.

Resume viewing in about Six Months.

There should be a plausible SDK by then, instead of a bunch of amateurs just fecking abaht with the new toy, cluelessly and joylessly... Or just as likely there won't be, because Asobo reach will have exceeded their grasp. Again.

Things changed, at this moment big plane developers see FS2020 as the new standard where they can do what is not possipble in P3D.

Love to hear how this devopment of the Q400 is moving further

• > @Eleuth said:
    >
    > Things changed, at this moment big plane developers see FS2020 as the new standard where they can do what is not possipble in P3D.
    >
    > Love to hear how this devopment of the Q400 is moving further

First off the statements of the user you quoted are in no way the thoughts and or opinions shared by any of the Majestic Team, nor is he affiliated with the team.

The new platform is certainly gaining ground as ita updates do show improvement which is certainly good to see.

We certainly will provide information as needed when we get closer to completion of our present project.

Cheers.
  • @kroswynd said:
    > @Eleuth said:
    >
    > Things changed, at this moment big plane developers see FS2020 as the new standard where they can do what is not possipble in P3D.
    >

First off the statements of the user you quoted are in no way the thoughts and or opinions shared by any of the Majestic Team, nor is he affiliated with the team.

The new platform is certainly gaining ground as ita updates do show improvement which is certainly good to see.

We certainly will provide information as needed when we get closer to completion of our present project.

Cheers.

That's great to hear.

I can't wait to fly the beautiful Dash again with the amazing graphics of MSFS.
    And i hope that this will be not in a too distance future.

Especially now is the Dash missing because on 31. May was the last flight of a Q400 from Austrian. It was a beautiful farewell ceremony at Innsbruck Airport.
    even though we are currently in a pandemic, a lot of people participated. Some ex Tyrolean employees came as well in their former Uniforms, that was very beautiful.

Regards

• @kroswynd said:
    > @Eleuth said:
    >
    >

Cheers.

I completely agree.
    I don't have MSF2020, for my home cockpit I am still testing the panels and systems of the dash 8 q400 majestic with P3DV4, but for what I could see the graphics are all just plain spectacular.
    I fly to Florence and I can assure you that the details of the latest MFS2020 Florence airport realization is simply perfect.
    I use the dash8 8 q400 majestic for some time they have always improved an excellent aircraft made in the complexity of flight systems, associating this aircraft with the external graphics of MFS2020 must be pure NITROGLYCERIN.
    Greetings

• Just for the record, I didn't say I'm telling the thoughts of Majestic.
    I shouldnt dare'!
    But I simply refered to the opinion of the developers at PMDG and Aerosoft in their forums.

That said I love to have your plane in MSFS, but that is an other story

• @Eleuth said:
    Just for the record, I didn't say I'm telling the thoughts of Majestic.
    I shouldnt dare'!
    But I simply refered to the opinion of the developers at PMDG and Aerosoft in their forums.

That said I love to have your plane in MSFS, but that is an other story

I know what you meant but I wanted to make it lucid for the community as some folks are of the opinion that the community member is affiliated with MJC.

MJC will eventually get to the MSFS platform in time, for us its not a rat race, and there is still quite a lot work to be accomplished before a MJC product can become MSFS ready (bear in mind that our team is not as large as other companies), but we'll get there.

Cheers

• Ok good to hear :*
    I'll wait, good luck with it.

• edited June 2021

Sorry to sound like I'm complaining, but I feel like your priorities are changing all the time. Wasn't the priority to create the Training eddition in the first place? I've been waiting for this for a long time. msfs2020 is tempting, but let's get the things we've been planning out of the way first. Otherwise, one flight simulator update after another will come along and make the creator suffer later on. Of course, we all have our own reasons for doing what we do, so I won't say more than that, but I'm mentioning this as one person's opinion. Thanks again!

• @Kouki said:
    Sorry to sound like I'm complaining, but I feel like your priorities are changing all the time. Wasn't the priority to create the Training eddition in the first place? I've been waiting for this for a long time. msfs2020 is tempting, but let's get the things we've been planning out of the way first. Otherwise, one flight simulator update after another will come along and make the creator suffer later on. Of course, we all have our own reasons for doing what we do, so I won't say more than that, but I'm mentioning this as one person's opinion. Thanks again!

• edited June 2021
    One is always welcomed their opinions, it is free world which allows one to do so.

Not quite sure where you come off saying our priorities have changed, as I have said from day one that the training/cockpit editions for P3D will be our priority before beginning any full time development for the new platform.

With the new platform we have done our internal accessment and do check from time to time to see how the SDK is improving, to determine what would be needed for that platform.

I do not think that at any time I have been unclear about our intensions regarding our development schedule.

Cheers
  • I agree with kroswynd.
    majestic administrators never mentioned program changes, they were always clear in their priorities, first the development and release of the training / cockpit edition, then if I remember correctly the upgrade of the dash 300 version.
    surely the work will take time, the only thing (where possible) is clearly my opinion as a simmer and home cockpit builder would be to anticipate (once the training / cockpit version is released) the upgrade to FS2020 (SDK permitting) before focusing on the 300 version of the DASH.
    this is clearly my personal wish, and I respect everyone's ideas.
    Greetings

• Count on my order for your Pro Edition for MSFS 2020 when it becomes available.

• @Postalmaintenanceman said:
    Count on my order for your Pro Edition for MSFS 2020 when it becomes available.

Initially, post MSFS release, I spent about 50:50 time in P3D 4.5 and MSFS. Over the past 4 months now I've loaded exactly one flight in P3D, and terminated it halfway thru the flight plan. I really enjoyed the Dash 8 Pro, and PMDG NGXu & 777. These are absolutely insufficient any longer to keep me interested at all in P3D. If the Dash 8 never arrived for MSFS, I wouldn't miss it. The entire world in MSFS is so much more compelling no longer do we need a cockpit simulator to virtually fly. If and when the Dash 8 arrives for MSFS I'll definitely take a serious look. But the calculus has absolutely changed forever, at least for me.

• I've paid money for MSFS Twice in the last ten or eleven months.

Returned it both times for a refund. It looks a picture, but there is NOTHING inside, save non-real graphics.

My house is on a street on the approach to a local airfield, and the newbuild estate next door is completely absent in MSFS.

How real is MSFS if it doesn't show a local air or ground feature?

P3d is for me, in perpetuity.

• @snave said:
    I've paid money for MSFS Twice in the last ten or eleven months.

Returned it both times for a refund. It looks a picture, but there is NOTHING inside, save non-real graphics.

My house is on a street on the approach to a local airfield, and the newbuild estate next door is completely absent in MSFS.

How real is MSFS if it doesn't show a local air or ground feature?

P3d is for me, in perpetuity.

I do not agree. I find the dash8 q400 majestic a very good program, done very well, and I believe that the final marriage is precisely with FS2020. flightsimulator 2020 is made of an impressive realism, I live in Florence, I have seen the LIRQ addon and it is impressive, I have flown to Florence for 30 years so I know it very well, and there are the smallest details.
    I have invested a lot in majestic in terms of time for the construction of my home cockpit still to be finished, with the training / cockpit version it will be even more exciting, and if majestic did not take the step of switching with flightsimulator 2020 I would stay with P3D, but it would be very disappointing for me, and for most simmers who use majestic i think.

• Back again after my post 9 months ago. Just thought I would report back, see how everyone is doing. Oh and to mention PMDG have released the DC6 for MSFS2020. And what an aircraft it is. It is just sublime. Our first detailed, study level aircraft for the new Simulator. Yes it is still "new". Less than a year old.

I am hoping Majestic have taken notice of this. Whenever anyone in the MSFS Community talk of the big gun developers, there are three names that always crop up. PMDG, A2A, and Majestic Software. I am hoping beyond all hope Majestic are creeping closer to a serious push towards MSFS. I am hoping the release of PMDG's first aircraft is all the encouragement Majestic needs.

In less than a year, the sim has made great strides, and the development team over at Asobo are working around the clock to get the SDK ready for the study level aircraft we all hope for.

• Congratulations to the PMDG team on their recent release. We'll get there eventually and will make any necessary announcements when we see fit to do so.

• There's no doubt that MSFS is quite pretty. However, despite owning it for over 6 months I've probably only flown with it for a few hours. Why? It doesn't do what I want from a sim.

I'm sure that many people get lots of enjoyment flying GA planes around in VFR conditions, but for my the appeal of flight sims has always been operating the aircraft itself. I like airliners. I like learning all of the systems. The flight deck and the feel of the flight model account for 95% of my decision when it comes to what planes to fly.

MSFS doesn't have what I want right now. It doesn't have any of the aircraft I want to fly. When and if Majestic brings in the Dash 8, and PMDG gives us the big Boeings, then I'll start to get interested again. I know the A320 is getting some love, but I still prefer the FSLabs version for FSX. I'd love to see their Concorde in the sim too.

Right now all of my flying is done in DCS World because it challenges me. It's sort of an unfair comparison as the 2 sims are totally different, but it does offer me the kind of experience I want.

I'm looking forward hopefully to the day when Majestic announces a release for MSFS, but until then the sim will sit there, waiting for something to come along that inspires me to fly.

• I disagree with YOUR use of a sim, sufficient to qualify. That's absolutely not how I use it.

I do echo the importance of flight modelling and the flight deck though, neither of which MSFS currently supply. I guess they want to make it look good before turning to flight models in about, let's say, half a decade or so.

I could give two hoots for that level of accuracy from places I've never been to, nor wish to go to. Appreciate the prettiness, though it means NOTHING to me.

• I think it is a matter of time, it happened when the release of FS2004, radically different, or when P3D was released... Definitively, realistic complexity wise, FS20 is far from where other older SIMs are, but surely it will get there. I die for any of the big developers mentioned putting their products in FS20, miss them so much, but while waiting, I'm fiddling around with the FBW, and something has defintively hoocked me up: how it handles. With a shitty 11 year old PC (excuse my french) I am manually landing the bus in LOWI as I never been able to do before (and using an even older force feedback joystick!!). The smoothness of the reactions, the realistic relative speed to land (perception wise I mean, no instrumentally)... There is something in the FS20 engine that allowes for great aerodinamics (I think would be the word, not sure) and most realistic handling. I never been able to hand fly an airliner as softly as this, even with th ebest add-ons and more developed sims... I hope is that the FS20 engine has something really new that allowes for that improvement.
    If this is the feeling I'm getting with the FBW, and I mean no disrespect for all the guys are making it possible, I can't imagine the day one of this big developers put their birds into the seem, no doubt the handling experience will be as never, noy just seen, but even thought before.
    Just my two cents to the chat, and of course, trying to see the positives.
    Cheers

• @FSBillUp said:
    Whenever anyone in the MSFS Community talk of the big gun developers, there are three names that always crop up. PMDG, A2A, and Majestic Software.

Not trying to be ackward but is not FSLabs among those big gun developers?. Not because the amount of products but because their outstanding quality. No disagreeing with your three, just wondering if they should be four... :)

• edited October 2021

I understand that majestic is waiting to get a better SDK but i was wondering, what are the problems you guys have with the SDK? Because Aerosoft nailed it with the CRJ when it came to having a study lvl plane in the sim.

• Ok real talk on this, since there's been no info here since June about MSFS... Is there any progress on this that can be shared, like, at all? The more high quality stuff we get, both payware and freeware, the less I'm willing to accept the "waiting for a better SDK" excuse. I know it's not fully there, but there must be other aspects of the plane you can work on until it's (the SDK) "up to your standard"?

There's a lot of awesome work being done and a hunger for more quality projects, and from the sounds of it, just gobs of money to be had, especially if released on the marketplace. Obviously PMDG doing their thing (and bringing their whole Boeing lineup in), but also noted their problems with the SDK... And you have the CRJ from Aerosoft, and their upcoming Twin Otter (plus their Airbus lineup), not to mention the insane level of work being done by Wing42 and their Boeing 247D, as well as the Kodiak by SimWorks (note a couple of those mentioned are turbo props)... whats the big roadblock for Majestic on getting something out there to preview at least? There's also notable and very long time dev's getting in on it too (A2A, Leonardo), why isn't Majestic in the conversation lately?

There's a huge under-served audience on MSFS (and only MSFS) hungry for regional airliners, I put a lot of hours on my CRJ and would love to add a Q400 to the lineup.

• edited November 2021
    Unfortunately, you will have to wait just like everyone else for when are are ready to discuss the topic.

No one is providing excuses about the SDK. What other development teams have done with the new platform is great as they have had one on one interaction with the AS/MS team. We unlike other developers are a small team and will reveal information when we deem it necessary to do.

We will not abandon outstanding projects that we have been committed to just to please one group of simulator users, that is not how we conduct business.

The a Training Edition was just released, and we have to complete another project, then we will continue with msfs as needed.

This is not a debatable topic!
  • I am standing by patiently for your 2020 MSFS Majestic Dash-8 Q400 as this incredible aircraft is definitely worth the wait.

• @Postalmaintenanceman said:
    I am standing by patiently for your 2020 MSFS Majestic Dash-8 Q400 as this incredible aircraft is definitely worth the wait.

I agree.
    these days (just to make a comparison) I wanted to evaluate the dash8 q400 of x-plane at my friend's house, light years away from majestic, so I repeat, the wait is worth it.
    excellent majestic software, moreover the sincerity of croswynd regarding the maintenance of the programs is an added value.
    this does not mean that like all of you I find majestic and fs2020 the completion of an exceptional program.
    I'm sure we will get there, and with our small 260 knts regional turboprop flying to FL260, we will make .... the shoes .... to the various boeing 737s and various airbus.
    good flight and good plans.

• I have the Xplane and the p3d version of the dash-8, I will let you know which one I prefer, that is, as soon and if as I get the Majestic one to work.

• edited December 2021

Got it working, found a modified dll file here on the forum. As promised, It flies more easy and lands more easy as the FJS Q4XP, but graphics are less, the Q400 is a bit outdated in my opinion. For sure not bad but not the very high level of the XPlane version. (although I find it a waist of resources and performance to spoil it on things like the cabin, outside and a working toilet.???..)
    If you think otherwise, could it be you flew the old version ? The new one is only a few weeks old and not even a bit comparable with the old one. That was in deed lightyears behind, and a very outdated plane
    But I am happy with the Majestic and now I have a nice version in both my sims (although I only bought it for the A2A Constellation, it is nice to have my favourites in both sims.

• @pa4tim said:
    Got it working, found a modified dll file here on the forum. As promised, It flies more easy and lands more easy as the FJS Q4XP, but graphics are less, the Q400 is a bit outdated in my opinion. For sure not bad but not the very high level of the XPlane version. (although I find it a waist of resources and performance to spoil it on things like the cabin, outside and a working toilet.???..)
    If you think otherwise, could it be you flew the old version ? The new one is only a few weeks old and not even a bit comparable with the old one. That was in deed lightyears behind, and a very outdated plane
    But I am happy with the Majestic and now I have a nice version in both my sims (although I only bought it for the A2A Constellation, it is nice to have my favourites in both sims.

Yes the Q400 is dated (as the real A/C) but the Q4XP was broken from launch. I bought it in the first 15 minutes then after an hour realized I wasted $100 on some foolish idea how the control levers should work (or in this case, not work).
    I do agree the FJS wasted a ton resources on things that don't matter, but the gamers out there want to walk around the the cabin and look out the windows. They represent more $$$ than those of us with full hardware.
    A year ago I tried X-Plane for the first time and found it so much better than P3D4.5. When I heard that there was a Q coming I waited impatient for 10 months and threw my money down after 15 minutes. I regretted it for the previous reasons and the 10 FPS. (since removed from my computer)
    In X-plane I only fly the B1900 (better the the P3D version thanks to Thranda), KA350 and the ERJ/EMB.
    I only have P3D still on my computer for the Q400 and the V36 Bonanza (my only GA AC). Honestly I think P3D has dropped so far behind in UI that retirement is a stone throw away.
    MSFS was a bad dream from launch but kindly saved the sim for me by the CRJ. They are making headway now but I will wait until MJC launch for MSFS, then remove P3D from my computer. If only MSFS could fix the offline issue, currently offline, you're looking at X-Plane 11.
    Just my 2 cents from flying TP's since FS9 (PMDG B1900) and on the launch of the Q300.

• Hi. Just wondering if there any updates on the development of the Q400 for MSFS.

• Hi @garyarnold,

Hope all is well. Updates on the progress for majestic will be made in a few weeks. Still quite a bit of work to be completed before we can see the light at the end of the tunnel but the update will address this.
  • edited August 2022

Great news @kroswynd :)

This discussion has been closed.