Upcoming TRAINING Edition Release & Virtual Cockpit Re-Design for Prepar3D v4.5 and v5.2

edited November 2021 in ANNOUNCEMENTS!!

Fellow Aviators,

The year is closing in to an end, and we would like to share some exciting news from the MJC development team.

The "long-awaited/anticipated" TRAINING Edition of the MJC8 Q400 is in the final beta testing stages and is scheduled to be released around the end of November this year (provided that no major snags are encountered). Customers who already own a PRO edition of our Q400, a special discount will be provided from the vendor from which you made your original purchase. The release will be supported by all participating online stores and the functionality can be found on the product-page

While this was a planned to-do-task, we know that many folks were not pleased with the level of detail provided in the Visual Extension Package, so we are implementing a significant re-design of the Virtual Cockpit of the Q400 for the P3D platform. Changes to be expected will for done on the 3D objects and cockpit structural elements (roof, walls and so on) including the instruments. Both the instrument texts and the EFIS screens resolution will be improved.

Completion of this phase of the VEP upgrade will be released for free to the owners of the Visual Extension package, as well as the Training edition of the Q400.

Stay tuned for the progress updates

The Majestic Software Team

Comments

• Thank you Simeon and Team.
    All the best going forward

• Great news, I've been waiting for a long time
    Thanks

• Thank you for the update. Always a pleasure hearing news for the Majestic team.
  • This is awesome news, Kroswynd. A very BIG Thank-You, to the entire Majestic team for "sticking to your guns", and keeping the dream alive. The countdown has begun. ;o)
    Cheers, Craig

• Very good news. The Q400 is getting better and better. Keep the good work.
    JP

• Good stuff! Will this also include a proper internal shadow model so not only the cockpit and wings throw a shadow?

• @bravomike said:
    Good stuff! Will this also include a proper internal shadow model so not only the cockpit and wings throw a shadow?

We will be sure investigate if this can be done without jeopardizing performance, if it is feasible we'll give it a go, if it is not added then it is due to it not meeting our performance criteria.

• Me too for the shadow model, i don't see how it can negatively affect performance and even if it does it'll be minimal, It's just the only thing that's spoiling an otherwise fantastic product, Qualitywings and pmdg were able to do it to their existing fleet with relative ease, a shadow model is now the standard for all new aircraft that came out on V4 & V5.

PLEASE add it. :tired_face:

Thanks.

• . > @CptBambi said

> Me too for the shadow model, i don't see
    how it can negatively affect performance and even if it does it'll be minimal, It's just the only thing that's spoiling an otherwise fantastic product, Qualitywings and pmdg were able to do it to their existing fleet with relative ease, a shadow model is now the standard for all new aircraft that came out on V4 & V5.
    >
    > PLEASE add it. :tired_face:
    >
    > Thanks.

Understand it being an added visual joy. However, when we add up all the other components that will be affecting performance that will be critical to the aircraft performance then this will not be an option.

As I said we'll have the modelers give it a shot and make a determination. Our no. 1 priority is performance. :
  • @kroswynd said:
    . > @CptBambi said

how it can negatively affect performance and even if it does it'll be minimal, It's just the only thing that's spoiling an otherwise fantastic product, Qualitywings and pmdg were able to do it to their existing fleet with relative ease, a shadow model is now the standard for all new aircraft that came out on V4 & V5.
    >
    >
    > Thanks.

Understand it being an added visual joy. However, when we add up all the other components that will be affecting performance that will be critical to the aircraft performance then this will not be an option.

As I said we'll have the modelers give it a shot and make a determination. Our no. 1 priority is performance. :

i share kroswynd
    also because (with all due respect for the wishes of others) the product is increasingly a dedicated software for home cockpits, due to its completeness and complexity, so the shadow games inside or outside the cockpit for those who build a home cockpits are of no effect, it is better to focus on systems and get closer and closer to the reality of the plane in its flight envelope.
    I repeat, however, I respect everyone's wishes, and I fully share the enthusiasm of this creation, I am the first to spend my days replicating it as close as possible to reality.
    good job.

• @kroswynd said:
    . > @CptBambi said

>
    >
    > Thanks.

Sorry but this makes no sense and you have no idea what you are talking about (unless you are a 3D modeller and texture guy). A low poly shadow model has minimal impact in a 64bit environment. Not to mention that you guys already run all systems and the FM externally anyway making the Q400 probably the most fps friendly plane in P3D and FSX. In my opinion it is a must, especialy considering the pricing of said "visual enhancement pack". Oh and correcing the lighting effects (esp. flare, taxi and landing lights) would help as well.

• @bravomike said:

@kroswynd said:
    . > @CptBambi said

>
    >
    > Thanks.

Sorry but this makes no sense and you have no idea what you are talking about (unless you are a 3D modeller and texture guy). A low poly shadow model has minimal impact in a 64bit environment. Not to mention that you guys already run all systems and the FM externally anyway making the Q400 probably the most fps friendly plane in P3D and FSX. In my opinion it is a must, especialy considering the pricing of said "visual enhancement pack". Oh and correcing the lighting effects (esp. flare, taxi and landing lights) would help as well.

Hardware has made some significant leaps in the past years so why restrict yourself and be stuck in like 2013?

• > Sorry but this makes no sense and you have no idea what you are talking about (unless you are a 3D modeller and texture guy). A low poly shadow model has minimal impact in a 64bit environment. Not to mention that you guys already run all systems and the FM externally anyway making the Q400 probably the most fps friendly plane in P3D and FSX. In my opinion it is a must, especialy considering the pricing of said "visual enhancement pack". Oh and correcing the lighting effects (esp. flare, taxi and landing lights) would help as well.

@bravomike

Thank you for your opinion.

You are absolutely correct "I have no idea what I am talking about" as I am not a modeler or texture guy but at this time that is the developer's decision regarding the matter.

If you are having issues with the lighting effects kindly post your issue on the forum to have it addressed (which you may have already done) or answered.
  • I really look forward to seeing the changes :) I also add support to the shadow model if it is feasible and has little to no effect on the aircraft's performance in P3D.
    Thanks for listening to the customer base as well...
    The Q400 is one of the few reasons I still actually enjoy using P3D and one of the reasons I updated it to version 5 not so long ago...

Andrew

• Curious, the VC update won't be released at the same time as the Training edition, correct? What is the time frame for it?

Also, what is the difference to the already released Visual Extension, do I need it if I intend to buy the Training edition?

Last but not least... any screenshots to be shown? Especially of the wing type flight director. Thanks.

• Great news!

Regarding shadow model and other visuals... I use this addon in P3Dv5 running on a i5 2500K based system with such a great performance that even I could easily sacrifice an amount of frames for a visual update! B) I wonder if performance impact is considered questionable in testing, could things such as shadow models be made optional?

• edited November 2021
    > @thepilot said:
    > Curious, the VC update won't be released at the same time as the Training edition, correct? What is the time frame for it?
    >
    We will provide more information when we get closer completion of the project.

> Also, what is the difference to the already released Visual Extension, do I need it if I intend to buy the Training edition?
    >
    The Visual Extension package is a part of the training and cockpit editions.

> Last but not least... any screenshots to be shown? Especially of the wing type flight director. Thanks.
    >
    https://i.gyazo.com/a30816ce9465bba64f2ff8f8cd6ad1e9.jpg
  • edited November 2021

Okay, so in other words, if I'm getting the Training Edition anyway, I don't need to purchase the Visual Extension?

Many thanks for the screenshot with the flight director, you cannot possibly imagine how many years I've been waiting for this one...

Also looking forward to the overall VC update, hoping it won't take too long. Glad to see this masterpiece being improved upon further.

• hello everyone

• > @thepilot said:
    > Okay, so in other words, if I'm getting the Training Edition anyway, I don't need to purchase the Visual Extension?
    >
    Correct, the Training and Cockpit Editions have the VEP included.

> Many thanks for the screenshot with the flight director, you cannot possibly imagine how many years I've been waiting for this one...
    >
    You are welcome.

> Also looking forward to the overall VC update, hoping it won't take too long. Glad to see this masterpiece being improved upon further.

We hope not as well, but work is moving along nicely thus far.
  • > @Shmidt03 said:
    > hello everyone

Hello, how can be of help today?
  • @kroswynd said:
    . > @CptBambi said

>
    >
    > Thanks.

If you're worried about performance then make is optional for those who want it or not, I just can't stand looking out the cockpit in a low sun time of day and seeing those weird shadows with just the cockpit and floating wings.

Cmon it's not going to hurt the performance at all..

• Another thing. With the VC rework would you consider adding newer things like the digital new type clock (literally just code and visual) and the STEEP APP button with respective GPWS logic adjustments? Seems like rather low effort work which could greatly improve the experience. Also having the additional Backup VHF unit would be nice too.