Majestic Software's plans for Microsoft's upcoming Flight Simulator 2020

Comments

• @Postalmaintenanceman said:
    Count on my order for your Pro Edition for MSFS 2020 when it becomes available.

Initially, post MSFS release, I spent about 50:50 time in P3D 4.5 and MSFS. Over the past 4 months now I've loaded exactly one flight in P3D, and terminated it halfway thru the flight plan. I really enjoyed the Dash 8 Pro, and PMDG NGXu & 777. These are absolutely insufficient any longer to keep me interested at all in P3D. If the Dash 8 never arrived for MSFS, I wouldn't miss it. The entire world in MSFS is so much more compelling no longer do we need a cockpit simulator to virtually fly. If and when the Dash 8 arrives for MSFS I'll definitely take a serious look. But the calculus has absolutely changed forever, at least for me.

• I've paid money for MSFS Twice in the last ten or eleven months.

Returned it both times for a refund. It looks a picture, but there is NOTHING inside, save non-real graphics.

My house is on a street on the approach to a local airfield, and the newbuild estate next door is completely absent in MSFS.

How real is MSFS if it doesn't show a local air or ground feature?

P3d is for me, in perpetuity.

• @snave said:
    I've paid money for MSFS Twice in the last ten or eleven months.

Returned it both times for a refund. It looks a picture, but there is NOTHING inside, save non-real graphics.

My house is on a street on the approach to a local airfield, and the newbuild estate next door is completely absent in MSFS.

How real is MSFS if it doesn't show a local air or ground feature?

P3d is for me, in perpetuity.

I do not agree. I find the dash8 q400 majestic a very good program, done very well, and I believe that the final marriage is precisely with FS2020. flightsimulator 2020 is made of an impressive realism, I live in Florence, I have seen the LIRQ addon and it is impressive, I have flown to Florence for 30 years so I know it very well, and there are the smallest details.
    I have invested a lot in majestic in terms of time for the construction of my home cockpit still to be finished, with the training / cockpit version it will be even more exciting, and if majestic did not take the step of switching with flightsimulator 2020 I would stay with P3D, but it would be very disappointing for me, and for most simmers who use majestic i think.

• Back again after my post 9 months ago. Just thought I would report back, see how everyone is doing. Oh and to mention PMDG have released the DC6 for MSFS2020. And what an aircraft it is. It is just sublime. Our first detailed, study level aircraft for the new Simulator. Yes it is still "new". Less than a year old.

I am hoping Majestic have taken notice of this. Whenever anyone in the MSFS Community talk of the big gun developers, there are three names that always crop up. PMDG, A2A, and Majestic Software. I am hoping beyond all hope Majestic are creeping closer to a serious push towards MSFS. I am hoping the release of PMDG's first aircraft is all the encouragement Majestic needs.

In less than a year, the sim has made great strides, and the development team over at Asobo are working around the clock to get the SDK ready for the study level aircraft we all hope for.

• Congratulations to the PMDG team on their recent release. We'll get there eventually and will make any necessary announcements when we see fit to do so.

• There's no doubt that MSFS is quite pretty. However, despite owning it for over 6 months I've probably only flown with it for a few hours. Why? It doesn't do what I want from a sim.

I'm sure that many people get lots of enjoyment flying GA planes around in VFR conditions, but for my the appeal of flight sims has always been operating the aircraft itself. I like airliners. I like learning all of the systems. The flight deck and the feel of the flight model account for 95% of my decision when it comes to what planes to fly.

MSFS doesn't have what I want right now. It doesn't have any of the aircraft I want to fly. When and if Majestic brings in the Dash 8, and PMDG gives us the big Boeings, then I'll start to get interested again. I know the A320 is getting some love, but I still prefer the FSLabs version for FSX. I'd love to see their Concorde in the sim too.

Right now all of my flying is done in DCS World because it challenges me. It's sort of an unfair comparison as the 2 sims are totally different, but it does offer me the kind of experience I want.

I'm looking forward hopefully to the day when Majestic announces a release for MSFS, but until then the sim will sit there, waiting for something to come along that inspires me to fly.

• I disagree with YOUR use of a sim, sufficient to qualify. That's absolutely not how I use it.

I do echo the importance of flight modelling and the flight deck though, neither of which MSFS currently supply. I guess they want to make it look good before turning to flight models in about, let's say, half a decade or so.

I could give two hoots for that level of accuracy from places I've never been to, nor wish to go to. Appreciate the prettiness, though it means NOTHING to me.

• I think it is a matter of time, it happened when the release of FS2004, radically different, or when P3D was released... Definitively, realistic complexity wise, FS20 is far from where other older SIMs are, but surely it will get there. I die for any of the big developers mentioned putting their products in FS20, miss them so much, but while waiting, I'm fiddling around with the FBW, and something has defintively hoocked me up: how it handles. With a shitty 11 year old PC (excuse my french) I am manually landing the bus in LOWI as I never been able to do before (and using an even older force feedback joystick!!). The smoothness of the reactions, the realistic relative speed to land (perception wise I mean, no instrumentally)... There is something in the FS20 engine that allowes for great aerodinamics (I think would be the word, not sure) and most realistic handling. I never been able to hand fly an airliner as softly as this, even with th ebest add-ons and more developed sims... I hope is that the FS20 engine has something really new that allowes for that improvement.
    If this is the feeling I'm getting with the FBW, and I mean no disrespect for all the guys are making it possible, I can't imagine the day one of this big developers put their birds into the seem, no doubt the handling experience will be as never, noy just seen, but even thought before.
    Just my two cents to the chat, and of course, trying to see the positives.
    Cheers

• @FSBillUp said:
    Whenever anyone in the MSFS Community talk of the big gun developers, there are three names that always crop up. PMDG, A2A, and Majestic Software.

Not trying to be ackward but is not FSLabs among those big gun developers?. Not because the amount of products but because their outstanding quality. No disagreeing with your three, just wondering if they should be four... :)

• edited October 2021

I understand that majestic is waiting to get a better SDK but i was wondering, what are the problems you guys have with the SDK? Because Aerosoft nailed it with the CRJ when it came to having a study lvl plane in the sim.

• Ok real talk on this, since there's been no info here since June about MSFS... Is there any progress on this that can be shared, like, at all? The more high quality stuff we get, both payware and freeware, the less I'm willing to accept the "waiting for a better SDK" excuse. I know it's not fully there, but there must be other aspects of the plane you can work on until it's (the SDK) "up to your standard"?

There's a lot of awesome work being done and a hunger for more quality projects, and from the sounds of it, just gobs of money to be had, especially if released on the marketplace. Obviously PMDG doing their thing (and bringing their whole Boeing lineup in), but also noted their problems with the SDK... And you have the CRJ from Aerosoft, and their upcoming Twin Otter (plus their Airbus lineup), not to mention the insane level of work being done by Wing42 and their Boeing 247D, as well as the Kodiak by SimWorks (note a couple of those mentioned are turbo props)... whats the big roadblock for Majestic on getting something out there to preview at least? There's also notable and very long time dev's getting in on it too (A2A, Leonardo), why isn't Majestic in the conversation lately?

There's a huge under-served audience on MSFS (and only MSFS) hungry for regional airliners, I put a lot of hours on my CRJ and would love to add a Q400 to the lineup.

• edited November 2021
    Unfortunately, you will have to wait just like everyone else for when are are ready to discuss the topic.

No one is providing excuses about the SDK. What other development teams have done with the new platform is great as they have had one on one interaction with the AS/MS team. We unlike other developers are a small team and will reveal information when we deem it necessary to do.

We will not abandon outstanding projects that we have been committed to just to please one group of simulator users, that is not how we conduct business.

The a Training Edition was just released, and we have to complete another project, then we will continue with msfs as needed.

This is not a debatable topic!
  • I am standing by patiently for your 2020 MSFS Majestic Dash-8 Q400 as this incredible aircraft is definitely worth the wait.

• @Postalmaintenanceman said:
    I am standing by patiently for your 2020 MSFS Majestic Dash-8 Q400 as this incredible aircraft is definitely worth the wait.

I agree.
    these days (just to make a comparison) I wanted to evaluate the dash8 q400 of x-plane at my friend's house, light years away from majestic, so I repeat, the wait is worth it.
    excellent majestic software, moreover the sincerity of croswynd regarding the maintenance of the programs is an added value.
    this does not mean that like all of you I find majestic and fs2020 the completion of an exceptional program.
    I'm sure we will get there, and with our small 260 knts regional turboprop flying to FL260, we will make .... the shoes .... to the various boeing 737s and various airbus.
    good flight and good plans.

• I have the Xplane and the p3d version of the dash-8, I will let you know which one I prefer, that is, as soon and if as I get the Majestic one to work.

• edited December 2021

Got it working, found a modified dll file here on the forum. As promised, It flies more easy and lands more easy as the FJS Q4XP, but graphics are less, the Q400 is a bit outdated in my opinion. For sure not bad but not the very high level of the XPlane version. (although I find it a waist of resources and performance to spoil it on things like the cabin, outside and a working toilet.???..)
    If you think otherwise, could it be you flew the old version ? The new one is only a few weeks old and not even a bit comparable with the old one. That was in deed lightyears behind, and a very outdated plane
    But I am happy with the Majestic and now I have a nice version in both my sims (although I only bought it for the A2A Constellation, it is nice to have my favourites in both sims.

• @pa4tim said:
    Got it working, found a modified dll file here on the forum. As promised, It flies more easy and lands more easy as the FJS Q4XP, but graphics are less, the Q400 is a bit outdated in my opinion. For sure not bad but not the very high level of the XPlane version. (although I find it a waist of resources and performance to spoil it on things like the cabin, outside and a working toilet.???..)
    If you think otherwise, could it be you flew the old version ? The new one is only a few weeks old and not even a bit comparable with the old one. That was in deed lightyears behind, and a very outdated plane
    But I am happy with the Majestic and now I have a nice version in both my sims (although I only bought it for the A2A Constellation, it is nice to have my favourites in both sims.

Yes the Q400 is dated (as the real A/C) but the Q4XP was broken from launch. I bought it in the first 15 minutes then after an hour realized I wasted $100 on some foolish idea how the control levers should work (or in this case, not work).
    I do agree the FJS wasted a ton resources on things that don't matter, but the gamers out there want to walk around the the cabin and look out the windows. They represent more $$$ than those of us with full hardware.
    A year ago I tried X-Plane for the first time and found it so much better than P3D4.5. When I heard that there was a Q coming I waited impatient for 10 months and threw my money down after 15 minutes. I regretted it for the previous reasons and the 10 FPS. (since removed from my computer)
    In X-plane I only fly the B1900 (better the the P3D version thanks to Thranda), KA350 and the ERJ/EMB.
    I only have P3D still on my computer for the Q400 and the V36 Bonanza (my only GA AC). Honestly I think P3D has dropped so far behind in UI that retirement is a stone throw away.
    MSFS was a bad dream from launch but kindly saved the sim for me by the CRJ. They are making headway now but I will wait until MJC launch for MSFS, then remove P3D from my computer. If only MSFS could fix the offline issue, currently offline, you're looking at X-Plane 11.
    Just my 2 cents from flying TP's since FS9 (PMDG B1900) and on the launch of the Q300.

• Hi. Just wondering if there any updates on the development of the Q400 for MSFS.

• Hi @garyarnold,

Hope all is well. Updates on the progress for majestic will be made in a few weeks. Still quite a bit of work to be completed before we can see the light at the end of the tunnel but the update will address this.
  • edited August 2022

Great news @kroswynd :)

• edited August 2022

thanks. Odd request but please keep exact same music you had in p3d for preflight activity. I've moved on from p3d, but still miss this plane.

• HI @micstatic,
    It is very possible that will remain the same, a bit to early to tell.
  • @kroswynd The only thing i hope is that the new WWISE sound engine will be used and that the Q400 make use of the the new modern flight physics.

• Hi @TYR521

No promises on that at this time as the project will certainly take longer to complete.
  • Hi @kroswynd

It's alright, i already guessed this will take quite some time, many developer had to do things from scratch unfortunately. But the only thing that matters is that the Q400 will come somewhere in the future to MSFS :smile:

• @kroswynd said:
    Hi @garyarnold,

Hope all is well. Updates on the progress for majestic will be made in a few weeks. Still quite a bit of work to be completed before we can see the light at the end of the tunnel but the update will address this.

Wonderful! Can't wait for a dash8 Q400 in MSFS! The best plane in the simulation world!

• @kroswynd said:
    HI @micstatic,
    It is very possible that will remain the same, a bit to early to tell.

If the Q400 on MSFS breaks your sales records, can you please do Q300/200 variants? pretty please? :)

• am I the only one who keeps checking this thread every day in hope of the update?

• @micstatic said:
    am I the only one who keeps checking this thread every day in hope of the update?

Not every day but very often lol

• @micstatic said:
    am I the only one who keeps checking this thread every day in hope of the update?

everyday here

This discussion has been closed.