Training edition, reset default failures

Hi,
I came across a hydraulic #1 leak that was probably triggered by the default failure script.
A reset using the system panel restored it momentarily but the failure reappeared almost immediately.

Is there any way to fix it without restarting the sim?
obviously, I'm using the training edition.

Comments

• Hi,

Resetting all failures should have corrected the issue.

1 In your attempt to reset the failure was this executed via the "RESET HYD QUANTITES" or "RESET ALL FAILURES" switches? (The latter should have correct the failure mode).

2 Were you running a "user created" script?

3 Do you have the "WEAR_OFF_FACTOR" activated in the mjc84.ini? This could trigger an event which may not be resettable.

• @MASTER_WARNING_PTR said:
    Hi,

Resetting all failures should have corrected the issue.

1 In your attempt to reset the failure was this executed via the "RESET HYD QUANTITES" or "RESET ALL FAILURES" switches? (The latter should have correct the failure mode).

2 Were you running a "user created" script?

3 Do you have the "WEAR_OFF_FACTOR" activated in the mjc84.ini? This could trigger an event which may not be resettable.

1) I did try "reset all failures" but the leak reappeared almost immediately as I mentioned above

2) Nothing user created, just default failures.

3) Yes. Wear off factor is indeed active - and with a fairly high multiplier I should add.
    So far, I get always either left hydraulic leak or hot inverter (just those two).

I noticed there's an option to stop running the script from the FMS. will this allow me to fix those failures on the fly should I wish to do so?

• Are you able to replicate the issue?

• edited April 2022

@kroswynd said:
    Are you able to replicate the issue?

Not consistently because of the random nature of the failure(s). It doesn't happen on each and every session but when it does, it behaves in the exact same manner as described above.

As I said, so far it had only been two types of failures, namely #1 Hyd. leak and hot inverter. This had happened on multiple occasions, though not every time.
    Disabling the script from the FMS seems to stop failures from happening.

I would like to keep the option of random failures though, but I also wish I have the option to reset them.

• Thanks for the info, we'll make this a discussion piece to see what the underlying issue may be .

Cheers

• @kroswynd said:
    Thanks for the info, we'll make this a discussion piece to see what the underlying issue may be .

Cheers

Thanks, much appreciated!