Weird glitch using the visual expansion

edited September 2021 in Customer support

Hello

I've been experiencing these weird reflections when flying in cloud since I've installed the visual expansion. It looks like it has something to do with the HUD.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• edited September 2021
    Hello,

I am going to assume that you are using P3D v4.5. If this is the SIM in use then the issue has been corrected as it was reported in another thread. The fix will be distributed in an upcoming patch.

Thanks for your assistance.
  • Yes it is P3D v4.5, sorry for not mentioning it. Also, as reported in another thread, the AP DISC sound can't be heard using the visual pack. I use the Immersive addon. Thanks

• Responded to the thread regarding the sound issue

• Sorry to raise this thread again, but has this been resolved? I am using the P3D V4.5 sim, with the latest installer which I believe is1024, I have also down loaded the latest visual pack and on my first flight see the issue shown. I just wondered if there was a work around or if I need to do a full clean install of the Dash and visual pack.

• No worries.

So this specific issue after further review we were able to determine that are there isn't a fix applicable to the issue.

I do realize the the answer does not satisfy the problem but P3D/FSX has had this underlying issue whereby with extremely low visibility the ghost image of the HGS becomes visible on the windscreen.

The answer provided in my earlier thread was applicable to another issue which has been been corrected but not discussed in this thread.

It is a nuisance and I wish we were able to address this as the HGS's primary fiction is to provide guidance during low vis conditions.
  • This "nuisance" didn't arise until I installed the Visual Extension Pack so it's my guess that something in that gave rise to the HGS issue. I've been flying Majestic's Q400 since 2016 - P3Dv3, 4 and 4.5 - and have not seen this until the Visual Extension Pack. This glitch makes HGS totally unusable in clouds, rain, snow, etc.; the ghost image usually goes paper white - nothing in the affected area is visible.

• Hi
    This bug is present also in latest Training version and I don't have visual expansion pack.
    Bug is reported in Majestic tracking system
    BRGDS