Training Edition doesn't have complete Visual Extension

Hi,

I have the Training Edition of the Q400, and I read that it comes with the Visual Extension package, however I only notice chocks at the front nose wheel of the plane when the parking brakes are applied, no other outside visual extensions like the pitot tube socks, engine intake covers, etc. Here's an example of what I mean. How can I fix this?

Thanks

Comments

• HI,

Discussed in a previous topic:
    http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/comment/4942#Comment_4942

A few tips in the cold and Dark configuration when turning on the BATT MASTER
    a. the pilots will appear in the flight deck
    b. when disengaging the brakes the engine intakes and pitot covers will be removed, re-engage the parking brakes and the nose chocks ONLY will be re-installed. (If the MASTER BATT is off and the parking brake is disengaged, the intake plugs, pitot covers and chocks will be removed.)
    c. nose wheel chocks will be automatically removed when condition levers are taken out of the Start/Feather detent to MIN/MAX, and will be re-installed when the condition levers are brought back to the Start/Feather detent

The intake plugs at the moment will, however, disappear upon engine start to eliminate the FOD ingestion and the possibility of users complaining that they have lost engine power, which by right is something that we can add to the FOD ingestion modeling, but under normal circumstances a marshaller would be of assistance to observe if intakes failed to have been removed prior to engine start. Although I have a crew member perform an engine start with the prop tether attached to the no.2 engine for an engine runup which the marshaller failed to see on a poorly lit ramp.

There are many possibilities, however this was "primarily" a visual update without having to perform too much backend work via the FMS, but there may be some room for tweaking the logic.

Cheers

• @kroswynd said:
    HI,

Discussed in a previous topic:
    http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/comment/4942#Comment_4942

A few tips in the cold and Dark configuration when turning on the BATT MASTER
    a. the pilots will appear in the flight deck
    b. when disengaging the brakes the engine intakes and pitot covers will be removed, re-engage the parking brakes and the nose chocks ONLY will be re-installed. (If the MASTER BATT is off and the parking brake is disengaged, the intake plugs, pitot covers and chocks will be removed.)
    c. nose wheel chocks will be automatically removed when condition levers are taken out of the Start/Feather detent to MIN/MAX, and will be re-installed when the condition levers are brought back to the Start/Feather detent

The intake plugs at the moment will, however, disappear upon engine start to eliminate the FOD ingestion and the possibility of users complaining that they have lost engine power, which by right is something that we can add to the FOD ingestion modeling, but under normal circumstances a marshaller would be of assistance to observe if intakes failed to have been removed prior to engine start. Although I have a crew member perform an engine start with the prop tether attached to the no.2 engine for an engine runup which the marshaller failed to see on a poorly lit ramp.

There are many possibilities, however this was "primarily" a visual update without having to perform too much backend work via the FMS, but there may be some room for tweaking the logic.

Cheers

Ah okay, makes sense. I loaded up cold and dark and saw all the external visual extensions so that's good.

Is there a way of making all the pitot and intake covers appear again after landing and parking at a gate and shutting the plane down? Or will they only load at the beginning of the cold and dark configuration?

Thanks

• They will load for cold and dark, as that is normally when the intake and pitot covers would be installed (shutting the aircraft down until the next days operation).