Sudden engine sound issue

Hello:

I'm having a sudden issue with engine sound. The engine sound used to be nice and loud when looking straight out the window of the VC. For some reason, it's went quiet...almost silent. However, if I pan down and look at the radio panel, the engine sound is load and again and back to "normal".

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi,
    This has been a topic of lengthy discussion from time to time on the forum. Do a search for sound issues and see if some of the discussion pieces may be similar to what you are experiencing.

Keep us posted.

Thanks!

• @kroswynd said:
    Hi,
    This has been a topic of lengthy discussion from time to time on the forum. Do a search for sound issues and see if some of the discussion pieces may be similar to what you are experiencing.

Keep us posted.

Thanks!

Hi:

Lots of test based on search but no luck for a fix.

In the 1st picture I can't hear the engines but if I pan down (picture 2) engines sound great. Not sure what setting is causing this issue.

Thanks.

• Have you checked your speaker output to see if you are using 2.1 speakers vs 5.1. If your configuration is 2.1 and you have 5.1 set through your on-board or sound card configurator this could pose possible issues (@kroswynd, tipped me off on that a few years ago).

There could be multiple issues surrounding this - also bear in mind that the sound engine used to create the sounds is not the standard platform used by most flights developers.

There was even some talk a few years ago that Chase Plane when close solved the problem, but if I recall Chase Plane developers may have corrected the issue.

Also, if you made changes to the Control Panel sound configuration you may want to verify that they may not be conflicting with your sound (just throwing ideas at you)

• @MASTER_WARNING_PTR said:
    Have you checked your speaker output to see if you are using 2.1 speakers vs 5.1. If your configuration is 2.1 and you have 5.1 set through your on-board or sound card configurator this could pose possible issues (@kroswynd, tipped me off on that a few years ago).

There could be multiple issues surrounding this - also bear in mind that the sound engine used to create the sounds is not the standard platform used by most flights developers.

There was even some talk a few years ago that Chase Plane when close solved the problem, but if I recall Chase Plane developers may have corrected the issue.

Also, if you made changes to the Control Panel sound configuration you may want to verify that they may not be conflicting with your sound (just throwing ideas at you)

Thank you for your suggestion.

Somehow, for some reason, today everything went back to normal.

I wish I could tell others how this was fixed but I have no idea - I'm just glad it's OK - fingers crossed.