Majestic Software's plans for Microsoft's upcoming Flight Simulator 2020

2»

Comments

• edited August 2022

thanks. Odd request but please keep exact same music you had in p3d for preflight activity. I've moved on from p3d, but still miss this plane.

• HI @micstatic,
    It is very possible that will remain the same, a bit to early to tell.
  • @kroswynd The only thing i hope is that the new WWISE sound engine will be used and that the Q400 make use of the the new modern flight physics.

• Hi @TYR521

No promises on that at this time as the project will certainly take longer to complete.
  • Hi @kroswynd

It's alright, i already guessed this will take quite some time, many developer had to do things from scratch unfortunately. But the only thing that matters is that the Q400 will come somewhere in the future to MSFS :smile:

• @kroswynd said:
    Hi @garyarnold,

Hope all is well. Updates on the progress for majestic will be made in a few weeks. Still quite a bit of work to be completed before we can see the light at the end of the tunnel but the update will address this.

Wonderful! Can't wait for a dash8 Q400 in MSFS! The best plane in the simulation world!

• @kroswynd said:
    HI @micstatic,
    It is very possible that will remain the same, a bit to early to tell.

If the Q400 on MSFS breaks your sales records, can you please do Q300/200 variants? pretty please? :)

• am I the only one who keeps checking this thread every day in hope of the update?

• @micstatic said:
    am I the only one who keeps checking this thread every day in hope of the update?

Not every day but very often lol

• @micstatic said:
    am I the only one who keeps checking this thread every day in hope of the update?

everyday here

• I check it daily, I've even reinstalled P3Dv5 and the MJC Q400 to appease my desire to fly it until the MSFS release. Gotta say though, it's hard to go back to that Sims scenery visuals after MSFS.

• Same here: Waiting patiently and looking forward to the product. Glad to hear there is to be an update on progress. Thanks!

• @micstatic said:

Not everyday, but I keep tabs on any forum activity. I’m praying to see an update on the Q300.

Cheers

• How Bout that update they promised in 2 weeks where is it......

• Still waiting

• edited October 2022

@kroswynd said:
    Hi @garyarnold,

Hope all is well. Updates on the progress for majestic will be made in a few weeks. Still quite a bit of work to be completed before we can see the light at the end of the tunnel but the update will address this.

Indeed, MSFS is not quite with out the the Q, is like it's missing something, like incomplete... :)

• MSFS is just eye candy. I'll stick to P3D + orbix for now. I don't understand all the fuzz around MSFS. The Q400 is a very good product. The best turboprop ever simulated. Thanks :-)

• edited October 2022

@larsottof said:
    MSFS is just eye candy. I'll stick to P3D + orbix for now. I don't understand all the fuzz around MSFS. The Q400 is a very good product. The best turboprop ever simulated. Thanks :-)

Hey I think you need to try it first :) flight dynamics are a lot more fluid and ofc not on rails anymore, weather depiction is years ahead frame rate, stability a lot of free high quality content, high quality garmins, 3rd party addons cost way less, exclusive nvidia dlss stuff and so much more than just eye candy.

• @larsottof said:
    MSFS is just eye candy. I'll stick to P3D + orbix for now. I don't understand all the fuzz around MSFS. The Q400 is a very good product. The best turboprop ever simulated. Thanks :-)

Fenix never think they are part of the eye candy:)
    Imaging a CFD calculation in flight sim! even though it is not the science but it is getting closer and closer.

• @larsottof said:

Free to have an opinion, but sits better if you start saying "I think MSFS is..." otherwise, it is not an opinion, it's an unqualified statement that speaks for the person who made it... Not trying to offend, but your comment in is actual format does not sit well among the ones that have long long experience with both simulators (including full ORBX and plus).

• Any progress updates?

• ey guys... please... tell us something... this aircraft is really needed here, P3D is dead, go forward and get back your kingdom

• It's been 11 weeks since we were advised that we would get an update in a few weeks.

• And it's been more than one year since Majestic promised to provide a free upgrade to the Visual Extension Package, including to users like me who purchased the Training Edition in November 2021. But naturally, I'm sure they'll be offering compensation. ;)

• This project is death...

• edited November 2022

Soooo like the comments above, where's this update after a "few weeks"?

While contrary to what the Avsim forum folk might say, SU11 is out now and there's obvious value in high fidelity airliners. With the "study level" A310 (included for free), Fenix, PMDG stuff, JF Bae146, Maddog, two ATR's on the way, and a Dash 7 soon, I think its safe to say MSFS is ripe and ready for the Q400. Hard to argue the "SDK isn't ready" anymore when the rest of the typical FSX/P3D devs are jumping ship for MSFS. Hell, sounds like even by March, a lot of this stuff is gonna make it to Xbox now. Whether you like it or not, that is a LOT of players ready to pay up, and its making FSX/P3D a smaller and smaller fraction of the overall market.

Just some previews, or some more info to assure us you're actively in the middle of development in MSFS. Cause while there's been a lot of promises by various devs since Aug 2020, a lot of projects have also dropped off the face of the earth. We're all just hoping you follow through, even if it takes a while.

Otherwise, the comment above "this project is death..." might ring true.

(just realized my last comment here was a year ago and we know the EXACT same amount of information on this :D )

• edited November 2022

Not sure whats going on with Majestic these days. kroswynd's last comment was back in august (on the forum, not just this thread).

Not sure how reliable this info is, but if true it's not exactly great news: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/d/asobo-atr-42-600-72-600/511292/80

This discussion has been closed.