New Q400 User with a few issues

I just bought and installed MJC8 Q400 PRO edition version 1.020 64 bit a few days ago. I have until now a perfectly reliable Prepar3D v4.3 installation with many add-ons which are v4 64bit compatible.. I've never had a CTD on this install except when I installed REX WX Advantage Radar (the new so-called v4.3 compatible version) recently, which I quickly removed. P3D would not even load with that installed.

Anyway, I have spent days reading the manuals and studying this Q400. 9 of every 10 hours are spent reading to every one hour flying. I have had a few worrisome issues. One is I get the occasional lockup of P3D, but I can still hear the sounds, and they are not locked sounds, but changing sounds, but the display shows the spinning icon and nothing but either black of a kind of grayed out load screen.

My second issue is the sound when it actually is working. One of my addons in chase plane, latest version of course, and when I switch from an outside view to and inside view or vice-versa I suddenly have either very limited or no sounds at all. If I click on the VC with the mouse the sound usually comes back, but not all the time. The sound inside the cockpit can also be louder that the sound either directly behind or directly in front of the engines on the outside view.

This is very annoying. I also sometimes turn on my Denon AVR-X4300H 7.2.2 surround system, which is driven through my EVGA GTX-1080i GPU HDMI cable. This system has worked for years with no issue at all with many other high end planes from Milviz, PMDG, Accusim, and others, but sometimes when I turn on the Denon and tell P3D to use it, reload P3D from scratch, and sometimes I get no sound at all from the Majestic Q400. Other times it works, but exhibits the issue I mentioned above. If I switch to another airplane the sound works flawlessly.

I hope to get these issues worked out. I really love the plane.

In case it's pertinent I have included a list of add-ons I have installed.

I have the following Add-ons installed (ALL latest versions as detailed):
⦁ Almost all ORBX products made (latest versions) & many free & paid airports.
⦁ Pilot's - FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation v1.0 (mesh)
⦁ Active Sky (ASP4) v6773 (AIRAC 1601)
⦁ Active Sky Cloud Art v6452 (SP2 + Hotfix 083117)
⦁ Ultimate Traffic Live 2 v1.1.0.0
⦁ GSX - Ground Services - FSDreamTeam
⦁ Milviz - 310R Redux for FSX and P3D
⦁ PMDG DC-6 Base Package for Prepar3D
⦁ PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II Base Package for Prepar3D
⦁ Milviz - DHC-3T Turbo Otter Standard Edition
⦁ Majestic Software Dash 8 Q400 Pro Edition 1.020 64 bit P3D
⦁ Flight1 King Air B200 Version 2
⦁ Accu-sim C182 Skylane (P3D Academic)
⦁ WX Advantage Radar (REMOVED - I am waiting for a working v4.3 version)
⦁ ChasePlane v0.4.217 Beta Exp.
⦁ PrecipitFX (Dec 26, 2017 version)
⦁ TrackIR v5.4
⦁ FSUIPC v5.14
⦁ About a dozen MegaSceneryEarth products, but I usually fly with these disabled.
⦁ Airport CYVR - Vancouver International - FSDreamTeam
⦁ Airport EDDN Nuremberg International Airport for P3Dv4 - Flightbeam
⦁ KDCA - Washington X (DCA & 4 Area Airports) - Drzewiecki Design
⦁ Airport KDEN - Denver international Airport V2.0 for P3Dv4 - Flightbeam
⦁ Airport KDFW - Dallas Fort Worth - FSDreamTeam
⦁ Airport KIAD - Dulles international Airport - Flightbeam
⦁ Airport KJFK - John F. Kennedy International - FSDreamTeam
⦁ Airport KORD - Chicago O'Hare International - FSDreamTeam
⦁ Airport KPHX - Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport V2.0 for P3Dv4 - Flightbeam
⦁ Airport KSEA - Seattle Airports X - Drzewiecki Design
⦁ Baku X - Drzewiecki Design
⦁ Seattle City X - Drzewiecki Design
⦁ Moscow City X - Drzewiecki Design
⦁ Warsaw City X - Drzewiecki Design
⦁ New York Airports X - Drzewiecki Design
⦁ New York City X - Drzewiecki Design
⦁ Miami City X - Drzewiecki Design

I have a robust Prepar3D v4.3 PC setup that normally maintains 30-60+ FPS with most setting cranked up and running at 4K. i7-4790K, 32GB DDR3-2133 RAM, GTX-1080i SC2 w/11GB DDR5+ RAM. Running on Windows 7 SP1 with nothing but P3D and its add-ons installed on two Samsung 1TB 860 EVO SSD's. Downloaded packages stored on a separate 10TB RAID1 drive. Multiple input devices, including TM H.O.T.A.S. Warthog throttle and stick, Saitek X52 Pro, MS Sidewinder Pro, Saitek P2600. No drivers for any of these installed; all programmed using FSUIPC.

Comments

• @ArJuna said:

1. I just bought and installed MJC8 Q400 PRO edition version 1.020 64 bit a few days ago. I have until now a perfectly reliable Prepar3D v4.3 installation with many add-ons which are v4 64bit compatible.. I've never had a CTD on this install except when I installed REX WX Advantage Radar (the new so-called v4.3 compatible version) recently, which I quickly removed. P3D would not even load with that installed.

Ans: Your solution to you weather radar issue should be in this post.
    http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/comment/294#Comment_294

2. My second issue is the sound when it actually is working. One of my addons in chase plane, latest version of course, and when I switch from an outside view to and inside view or vice-versa I suddenly have either very limited or no sounds at all. If I click on the VC with the mouse the sound usually comes back, but not all the time. The sound inside the cockpit can also be louder that the sound either directly behind or directly in front of the engines on the outside view.

Ans: There is an update which can be acquire from the USER AREA located here at the Majestic Software website.
    http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/114/patch-1-0-20a-download-link/p1

Thank you for the descriptive post, the two threads that are linked in my response should get you up and going, if they do not resolve your issues keep us posted.

Cheers