Licemce Status; Active REKAINING INSTALLATIONS ALLOWED 0

edited April 2023 in Customer support

After a complete reinstall of P3D V5.3. i went to reinstall the Dash 8 and got these messages.....

Can I renew the installations?

I went to Just Flight and they told me to ask here.

Comments

• Write an email support with your credentials used for purchase of the Q400 from JF.

Allow up to 24 hrs for a response.

Never post any account details on any open forum.

Cheers
  • edited April 2023

OK, Thank you. Sent to you by email. No hurry.

• I have sent these details twice now and have not received an acknowledgement or reply.

• Have you tried running the installer again? Majestic may have reset your installs without giving any confirmation.

Jax

• I double check with support for verification.
  • OK I can send it again if necessary. Thank you.

• @Jax_in_BC said:
    Have you tried running the installer again? Majestic may have reset your installs without giving any confirmation.

Jax

DOH> Never thought of that.

Yes, someone has reset the installation, thank you, It would have been nice to let me know with a reply. Anyway V1025X64 is on and I'll try it out tomorrow.

• OK, it is back on and seems to work well except the VNAV descent coes strange. As soon as I set it the descent wants to start and it does not show the TOD on the ND.

I will keep trying to see what it is, otherwise I can do it manually.

• Hi JohnKhan,

Could you please explain the steps more in detail, which lead to the behaviour you mentioned. Which route, when did you trigger which action etc. so that we can try to reproduce it. I ask, because for me the VNAV works as usual. But I fly the training version. But to check, if there is an error, which earlier didn't show up, it's essential, that you describe all the steps you did in detail.

Rgds
    Reinhard

• Thanks . It worked fine before I installed V1_025X64. I had 1_024 before and it worked exceptwhen it went ober a waypoint, then the VNAV indicator always jumped to the top of the scale. I will get details this time and get screen prints.

• I have tried two flights now and on the first there were the same things. The VNAV went wierd although, when I selected it a second time, it worked but still, the VNAV Path jumps to the top of the scale whenever it goes ovewr a waypoiint during the descent.

This last flight, when it loaded I had this strange thing with the EFIS and ND. I kept going but it remained after take-off so I stopped. BTW, - rgis showed fine on the EFIS during the first flight.

I have screen shots of all that happened but I will just show what I did to start up and make the flight. Something I have been doing for years, since I first used the Dash 8.

Flight from Cairns Intl.YBCS to Port Moresby (Jacksons) AYPY New Guinea.
    All working fine. Start, set up,, Taxi, climb and to Cruise FL250.
    Activated VNAV at about 60 DME. From Port Moresby ALL went strange and TOD not showing on ND
    Re did it again and it showed up and is now working?? Although I had missed the TOD so can’t sau if it showed.
    Next waypoint…UGOTO. VNAV Jumps to top of descent range.
    Using VS. Reset VNAV. It activated but the same thing happened at nest waypoint
    Continued with VS, Missed the ILS and did a very ordinary manual landing.

I am going to uninstall 1_025 and reinstall 1_024 as I had much less pronlems with it. Although I will loose one of my installs. This is partly why I ran out of installs before as I did this a couple of timws.

• Providing the route for a possible test or showing some video of the issue may be of some assistance in allowing us to help determine your issues.
  • Hi JohnKhan,

I tried your flight with 1.025 (Training version). As you did not specify the route, which you selected, I flew the route according to the attached document (YBCS/15 DCT ZANEY R210 LENAK DCT UNSAM UNSAM1 AYPY/14L).

Approaching to AYPY I selected VNAV to reach 2.500 ft at the IAF of the ILS 14L according to the charts. The plane followed the VNAV path exactly and at the IAF I activated the ILS. Everything worked perfectly without the strange things you described. I used the actual AIRAC from Navigraph.

So I assume, it's not a problem of 1.025 but you might do something wrong on your side.

BR
    Reinhard

• I didn't realize 1_025 is a training version.

I am going to reinstall V1_024, it to worked OK before and V1_025 does not seem to work well.

I have had this aircraft since 2017 and it has worked before.

Actually, I have V11_020a.1_020b patch. 1_021. 1_021_rev2. 1_024. and 1_025. all saved. I think some of these are just updates, not full installers

Which ones should I put on?

There is nothing wrong with my system. All my other aircraft work. That is PMDG, Flightsim Labs. TFD B717 all work perfectly, so that is not an issue.

• All simulated aircraft are not developed alike, so making a comparison with other aircraft in the simulation arena does not hold much water. No one has eluded to your system being the issue, but it could be an issue with a configuration within the P3D platform, and or your setup for the Vnav descent (anything is possible).

While there could be a bug within the system you are configuring we very likely would have seen several reports of a similar nature. At this time there have not been any.

As I mentioned in a previous post, if you are able to provide a video it would better aid in determining your issues since your image showed either a failed Engine display or use of the reversionary switches. The training edition has failures but they would be initiated by the wear_off_factor switch located in the mjc84.ini.

You have not provided a the route you used which would allow others to test to see if the issue could be replicated.
  • I have put V1_024 back on and it all works well. I have tried something different with the VNAV and will see what happens,

• Quate.
    "So I assume, it's not a problem of 1.025 but you might do something wrong on your side".

So this doesn't mean there is something with my system? :)

Sorry, I don't know how to do a video, only screenshots.

I have 1_024 back on and everything works fine with the start, taxi, TOff, climb and cruise. The TVNAV and OD and start descent are all great.

The only thing is, and this has happened as long as I can remember, When it goes over a waypoint on descent, the path jumps to the top of the scale. It is no big deal as I correct it with VS until it catches up again. But, as I said, this happens every time. I posted about this years ago and sisn't get anywhere, but, again, it doesn't matter.

Now, one last thing. Do I put 1_025 on again? Onto my P3D V5.3 Pro?

• JohnKhan,

I tried to fly the approach as you have shown on your screenshots into YBMK. I used the WELKE1approach and followed then the RNP 32 approach according to the charts.

I approached as you WELKE on 16000 feet. I did setup the VNAV for reaching BMKSI at 3330 feet. As I have to be at BAVAM above 4700 feet, I set ALT SEL to 4700 feet.

At the TOD VNAV got active and the plane started to sink. Before Welke and after Welke the VNAV path staid completely stable and the plane continued to descend. No jumping to the top as in your case.

At BAVAM I did set the ALT SEL to 2800, as we are not allowed to descend further before BMKSI

The same for BMKSF with ALT SEL set to 1500

AT BMKSF I removed the ALT SEL and the plane continued the RNP approach down to runway 32 where I landed without any problem.

Maybe you could try exactly the same procedure and show your results. My assumption is your setup of VNAV, where you did only demand to reach BMKSF above 1740. But not sure, if this is the reason for the behavior you described.

Rgds
    Reinhard

• Thank you Reinhard.

I will keep trying with different approaches at different airports. In the past, no matter what I tried, it kept doing the same thing,as it is now.

Please close this post now and I will try various things and see what happens.

One last thing. Do I install V1_025 with my Pro version?

Thanks again
    John

• Thanks everyone who tried to help.

I will start a new post to ask how to actually set up the descent, TOD, VNAV etc. I can not get it to work from how the the Sample flight shows it.

• To be honest there are a few YouTube videos by real Q400 pilots, which would be awesome leaning aids. I will source a few and link here for you.
  • Here are some interesting videos and documents: majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/465/rnav-approaches

Rgds
    Reinhard

• I also noticed that the VNAV descent path deviation indicator frequently jumps to the top of the scale when sequencing waypoints. If there is a long distance between waypoints, it works like a charm.

But it is just a minor glitch... usually the VDI comes back after a couple of minutes and centers again.

Usually, the TOD is spot on. I typically initiate the descent in VNAV but switch to V/S after some time and use the VDI just as a ballpark figure - and from what I heard that's exactly what is done in the real Dash, too.

But since the profile in the Majestic Dash is quite accurate overall, perhaps only a small modification of the code is required to avoid this "jump" when sequencing waypoints.

Just my 2 cents,
    Dirk