P3D v4.3

Has anyone tried using the Q400 in the new version of P3D yet? I will upgrade to v4.3 as soon as I know the Q400 works there as it is the plane I fly the most often.

Comments

• Hello,

I just made a quick test and it seems it will require an update. I see wrong values for oil temp, lights for fuel valves going on/off non stop as well as hydraulic pressure once screens have initialized.

• Seems to be working fine for me.

• Yes, a reinstall of the Q400 might be required if you update your Prepar3D. Check the oil values, if they are ok, no reinstall is necessary

• Mine seems to work just fine. Only fired it up and did some taxiing around. Didn't realy notice any abnormalities.

• I can confirm that reinstalling solved the issue for me as well.

• Worked without a hitch here.

• @CaptJAKirk

The Q400 does not require an update for the recently released Prepar3D v4.3. during the testing phase of v4.3 I performed several versions of v4.3 without having to re-install the Q400. However, if you do come across an issue where your oil values appear to be ineligible, simply re-install the Q400.

Cheers

• I have recently reinstalled my Dash 8 pro into my P3Dv4.3, I now find my ControlPanel will not calculate my fuel and balance to the aircraft(it is installed as administrator) can you suggest a reason please?

• Further to my last message ,I notice that my fuel gauge shows zero fuel on loading the aircraft and not the max fuel as it was before. could this be a problem of the recent update?

• Daveebee Daveebee
    11:49AM
    I have recently reinstalled my Dash 8 pro into my P3Dv4.3, I now find my ControlPanel will not calculate my fuel and balance to the aircraft(it is installed as administrator) can you suggest a reason please?

• Have you set the Q400 control panel to run as admin? Have you set an exclusion in your AV software for the mjc84cpan.exe?

• Hi, In my second post I did say it Was 'as administrator'.

• Installing as admin, is one thing, setting the application to 'run as admin' is a separate operation and must be done after installation.

• I have not found a way to 'install as administrator although I have got it running as admin... As it stands my weight/balance page is not working as it did, can you suggest anything because as it stands I cannot fly the Dash without fuel.

• edited July 2018

To install the Q400 as administrator, just right click on the installer, and select, "run as administrator." Turn off your AV software to be certain that it isn't blocking any part of the install.

Is P3dv4.3 the only sim that you are using the Q400? Have you tried running 

the control panel from the Q400 install folder, versus using a desktop shortcut?
    (ie, P3Dv4/simobjects/airplanes/mjc8q400/cpan/mjc84cpan.exe.)
    The control panel can also be run from the windows start menu, under majestic software.
    If you are using the Q400 in FSX as well, you may be using the control panel for that particular (fsx) install/version, and not the P3dv4 installation/version.
    Each simulator has its own unique installation of the Q400 control panel.

• Hi,I really don't know wait has happened to the new 64bit version of the Q400, I have been flying almost since it's release, it has been my favourite aircraft all that time. Now I cannot get the Control Panel (Weight/Balance )page to function at all even thought it is run as 'administrator' . When the aircraft is loaded it shows 'max fuel' I try to enter a fuel/pax/ cargo load into the weight balance page and the settings I input show up, but when I press 'calculate' nothing happens...... pressing the 'send data to aircraft' button erases the fuel indication to zero. This control panel function is very important to the operation of this aircraft. If I am unable to restore the ability to load the aircraft I am very much afraid that my flying of this brilliant aircraft my end. Has anyone else had this problem?

• Have you tried a clean reinstall of the Dash?

• Hi ,Three times ,each using a new download (without AV software)

• @Daveebee

Ok, you have installed using Admin Rights. However you have not answered the question asked in an earlier thread "Is P3dv4.3 the only sim that you are using the Q400?" Do you happen to have more than one version of the Dash installed on you PC, i.e. a P3Dv3.x or FSX version? If so you, and you are using a short cut to the CPAN, it could be pointing to the wrong CPAN.

Might I also suggest re-installing your Simconnect module which comes with the P3D SDK. You should be able to locate all versions in Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface folder.

Are you able to operate the Q400 despite the non-functionality of the CPAN? Difficult to pin point your problem based on the fact that you advise that your CPAN is not working, as there cold have been a mirage of issues that could have transpired on you PC to cause this.

Keep us posted.

• Hi, I only have one sim P3Dv4.3 with only 1 Dash installed as admin. I uninstalled all the software pertaining to the Dash 8,on this basis the only CPAN comes from the last install came from a new d/load from Just Flight (no Av software on at the time. If I go to the fuel page in the FMC and input a quantity it does not show up on the fuel gauge on the Dash's fuel gauge.

• If I go to the fuel page in the FMC and input a quantity it does not show up on the fuel gauge on the Dash's fuel gauge.

And that would be correct......
    The FMS does not control how fuel or payload is loaded onto the aircraft.......all loading of the aircraft is done via the CPAN (Control Panel)

• Hi ,Yes that's always the way I remember it when it was working properly. I am wondering if there is something in my registry that is causing this problem,if is that I would VERY wary about touching anything the registry.

• Another possible cause for my problem could be my AV software (Bullguard on my case,it has not caused issues before) could it be blocking a function of CPAN?

• AV software could be blocking the exe files, yes.

Regarding the administrator rights: There are 2 kinds of administrator rights on Windows: normal administrator and elevated administrator

You need to run the Q400 installer as "Elevated administrator", When you right click on the exe file, do you see the "run as administrator" option? That would be the elevated administrator prompt

• Hi , I believe I have 'elevated administrator' set ,I went through a procedure meant to set this condition. On right clicking on the downloaded file to install the Q400 the is no option to ' install as administrator ' only 'run as admin' and the run as admin has been carried out 3-4 times now without apparent success. The problem continues.

• edited July 2018

@Daveebee said:
    Another possible cause for my problem could be my AV software (Bullguard on my case,it has not caused issues before) could it be blocking a function of CPAN?

It is very unlikely (not impossible) but very unlikely that something is amiss in your registry. If it were you would more than likely be other protection issues regarding the Q400 upon loading.

Your situation appears to be a bit bizarre, maybe you should try and provide some more information regarding your setup in terms of how you how your PC is setup. I asked in an earlier post "Are you able to operate the Q400 despite the non-functionality of the CPAN? Difficult to pin point your problem based on the fact that you advise that your CPAN is not working, as there cold have been a mirage of issues that could have transpired on your PC to cause this."

• I have tried many of the obvious things, uninstalling, redownloading without AV, Cleaning the registry of removed software(*Q400)carrying out a clean reinstall withoutAV AS 'ADMINISTRATOR, running as admin. nothing I've tried as at this time has worked.I all seems to stem from my inability to get the Control Panel (weight/balance) to work although I can select the options such lbs/kgs , Hpa/Inches and other settings.
    My problem seems to revolve around weight/balance.

• Are you running the Control Panel as admin as well?

• Yes at all times.

• And have you entered all required fields? If you leave some fields blank, the CPAN won't let you send the data to the aircraft.

• Hi, When I input values, I do the following Pax. I input a value in each of the 4 sections of the cabin. Cargo. I place a value in the FWD. and Rear cargo. Fuel I always use Kgs on pressing 'CALCULATE' NOTHING HAPPENS

• And how about those figures? Is there any of these fields blank by any chance?
    https://i.imgur.com/fXserJT.png

• edited July 2018

In your CPAN folder do you have a a file called WB.ini? It should contain data similar to this:

[WB]
    FWDBAG_MASS=0
    AFTBAG_MASS=0
    FWDBAG_DAA=20
    AFTBAG_DAA=60
    PAX_OA=18
    PAX_OB=20
    PAX_OC=24
    PAX_OD=10
    DOI=94.6
    DOM=40639
    FUEL_TO=6800
    FUEL_TRIP=2600

ALSO...do you have values in the DOM and DOI boxes. You will not be able to calculate anything if those values are not present, and beware if you have removed those values, you need to replace them, or values similar used by a real world Q400 operator, otherwise you CG values will be incorrect.

• Hi, Success, after a complete reinstall using fresh download(without AV) and reinstall (without AV) and running CPAN as admin. all settings seem to be now in order. CPAN SEEMS TO BE WORKING AS IT SHOULD. Thankyou for assistance.

• Curious to know what was different about this re-installation, since you had performed several using the required/suggested methods previously.

Cheers

• Hi, I too am confused as to why my last reinstall should have reesolved my problem with Cpan. I was very careful about each stage of the process. When I entered the values from pax to cargo to fuel I entered a value into the TRIP box (something I have never done before (only the FOB box) this I have done for over3 years on all the versions of the Dash during that time. On this occasion after the reinstalled, every thing worked, strange. Well every seems to work except the after inputting a flight into the FMC it does not get saved,I don't know why.

• edited July 2018

If there isn't a value in the trip box that to can alter the result as there is inadequate data for a proper calculation for CG to be compiled - but it should still calculate.

@Daveebee said:
    Well every seems to work except the after inputting a flight into the FMC it does not get saved,I don't know why.

A flight plan will only be saved in the "FMS" if you save it after creating it.

• Ihave saved the flight plan in 'SCENARIO' at the top of the screen in p3dv4.3 but there does not seem to be an obvious way to save the plan in the FMS, can you please assist?

• The FMS has its own built-in STORE FPL feature, however, saving a scenario should also save the current state of the aircraft. Try loading the scenario a second time after the initial load and see what happens (just a suggestion).

• edited July 2018

Is anyone else experiencing issues with Prepar3d crashing on scenario load?

I notice this issue has persisted across versions and there are various solutions posted on other forums but it has only just started occurring for me.

I have disabled my sound card and unplugged the Saitek devices but the issue persists.

It is possible to load a default Prepar3d scenario.

• @dibloc
    CTDs based on scenario loading is not a common error (at least not reported to us here at MJC).

I would start by deleting all or any existing *.mjc1 & *.mjc2 files and then create a new scenario file, then load it. How is the scenario file being loaded?
    1. Is it via a file with the SIM closed,
    2. The SIM being loaded and then loading the scenario from the StartUp screen
    3. Loading the Q400 to an airport of choice and then loading the scenario file

The more info that is provided may help us in trying to replicate the issue.

Thank you

• Hi Kroswynd, thank you for the very prompt response.

I deleted the files and created a new scenario file.

I am loading as per option 2.

The new "clean" scenario loaded without error.

I am running 3 separate displays.

Prepare3d appears to crash (ntdll.dll error) when the scenario is saved with the 3D cockpit view and 2D panels undocked and moved to a secondary display.

• @dibloc said:
    Prepare3d appears to crash (ntdll.dll error) when the scenario is saved with the 3D cockpit view and 2D panels undocked and moved to a secondary display.

Further to my post above I have discovered that Prepar3d crashes whenever a scenario is loaded where it has been previously saved with a 2D panel expanded (clicked on) in the Virtual Cockpit view.

It doesn't seem to matter if the panel is undocked or not.

• This may very well be one of the untested modes for which we do not have a lot of data to support the problem......

This could be a stab in the dark, but if you are running the Panel serialization option in P3D's settings, you could try disabling it - not a guarantee that it will be of any help (if it happens to be enabled, if it is isn't well we certainly know that is not the cause :) )

Cheers

• @kroswynd said:
    This could be a stab in the dark, but if you are running the Panel serialization option in P3D's settings, you could try disabling it - not a guarantee that it will be of any help (if it happens to be enabled, if it is isn't well we certainly know that is not the cause :) )

Thank you.

I can confirm I did not have Panel Serialization enabled.

I created another test scenario with it on and the 2D panel displayed and can confirm that the issue persists and the saved scenario crashes the sim.

Cheers.

• Now does it crash if you load the Q400 in the normal 3D cockpit environment without moving any panels around? if it does not crash under this circumstance, I would suggest loading the scenario in the VC before unlocking anything, and then once the scenario is loaded then begin the unlocking sequence.

• @kroswynd said:
    Now does it crash if you load the Q400 in the normal 3D cockpit environment without moving any panels around? if it does not crash under this circumstance, I would suggest loading the scenario in the VC before unlocking anything, and then once the scenario is loaded then begin the unlocking sequence.

Yes I can confirm that it doesn't crash if saved and loaded as per your advice above.

As I have a cyclic sim check next week I will use this method to save and load my scenarios until your team can test further and debug.

Many thanks for all your help.

Cheers.

• Thanks for verifying that for me.....so it would certainly appear that there is an issue there. One of the things to also bear in mind is that the PRO and PILOT editions were not really designed to operate in that configuration, hence the lack of extensive testing in that config.

The Training Edition however (which may or may not be geared to your needs has a gauge client and or the capability to manipulate multiple 2D panels among several different monitors. More info regarding the TRAINING Edition will be available in the upcoming weeks

• edited July 2018

@kroswynd said:
    Thanks for verifying that for me.....so it would certainly appear that there is an issue there. One of the things to also bear in mind is that the PRO and PILOT editions were not really designed to operate in that configuration, hence the lack of extensive testing in that config.

The Training Edition however (which may or may not be geared to your needs has a gauge client and or the capability to manipulate multiple 2D panels among several different monitors. More info regarding the TRAINING Edition will be available in the upcoming weeks

Fantastic, thank you.

No problem, I understand. Yes I have been looking forward to the Training Edition since you released the Q400 (I have the old Q300 Training Edition too). The Pro Edition has been great so far and is a brilliant product so I look forward to your announcement.

Hopefully I'm still flying the Q400 when you eventually release the new version. ;)

Cheers.

• Hello,

A bit of topic as I do not have P3D but FSX.

I noticed as well than when using 2d panels with 3 monitors it crashes. So we'll have to wait for the TRAINING.

Otherwise with 3 monitors and VC it works beautifully.

Regards,

JP