Install of Dash in new copy of P3D - control and system panel not working.

Hi,

I installed into the new version of P3D but it appears that the control and system panel are not directed at that install and are not making changes - is there a way to redirect it?

Thanks

Scott

P.s working well in V5 - no issues apart from above

Comments

• edited April 2020

For me only the Control Panel doesn't work; when I launch it from its folder (the Start Menu entry doesn't do anything), I get an error message:

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side is incorrect."

May SimConnect be related to this error somehow?

Another thing: inside the VC while using VR (HP Reverb), almost everything works out-of-the-box in v5, however, the shadows on the panels move with the head movement, I guess that's a DirectX 12 issue.

Any idea, @kroswynd, on how to get the CP to work, maybe with a workaround for the time being...?

Cheers

Edit: clean v5 install, applied both patches for the Q400

• Hello folks,

I made an announcement a few days ago regarding our status on P3D v5 which addresses some of the issues that are mentioned

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/735/majestic-software-lockheed-martins-prepard3d-v5#latest

Thank you for mentioning your issues though as users may have varying inaccuracies until the Q400 is v5 compatible.

Cheers
  • @kroswynd said:
    Hello folks,

I made an announcement a few days ago regarding our status on P3D v5 which addresses some of the issues that are mentioned

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/735/majestic-software-lockheed-martins-prepard3d-v5#latest

Thank you for mentioning your issues though as users may have varying inaccuracies until the Q400 is v5 compatible.

Cheers

Hi kroswynd,

Just to let you know, the error with the Control Panel is not an issue from your side, it was my own stupidity--simply forgot to install SimConnect... :#

Cheers

• good to know that the issue has been resolved. The Simconnect version for the dash is normally installed along with the Dash unless you canceled its attempt during the installations process.

Cheers