Weird issue: should I reinstall the Dash 8 perhaps?

Hello,

I've been flying the Pro version of the Dash 8 in P3D 4.5 for several months now and all has been well. About a week or so ago something very odd began happening, and only in the Dash 8, no other of my 4 aircraft I use. Here's what happens:

As I am taxiing along as usual with a power level between 8 and 10 or whatever is demanded to taxi at 15-18 knots, and I think mostly or exclusively when TURNING on the taxiway, suddenly video just reduces to about half-speed for maybe 3 seconds, then normal speed resumes. Engine power/speed doesn't change, just the plane itself, the animation, suddenly slows down then resumes normal speed. I checked the engine controls settings and condition lever settings and they are are matched left/right and are balanced perfectly where they have always been, so resetting them doesn't seem to be an issue. Again, no other planes do this. So this isn't a hard stutter per se (where the sim STOPS briefly), it's just a weird slow-down in the speed of animation. It's kind of like the Sim Rate suddenly drops in half, then resumes.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hello,

This has been a topic of discussion recently since Windows has pushed some updates on the 1909 ans 2004 platforms. Win 10 2004 especially has been very problematic and has created some issues with our "timing" integration.

Have a look at the follow threads:
    http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/comment/2792#Comment_2792

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/784/dash8-slowed-down-in-time#latest

Keep us posted.

• Thanks, will do.

• All's well w/ the timer switch--thanks

• I have the same problem except my aircraft stops and the starts moving again and this happens during taxi and flight.

I am running the Pro version of the Dash 8 in P3D 4.5 on Windows 10 version 1909.

I have tried all settings recommended in the "timing" threads, but the problem persists.

• @Lucbaverey said:
    I have the same problem except my aircraft stops and the starts moving again and this happens during taxi and flight.

I am running the Pro version of the Dash 8 in P3D 4.5 on Windows 10 version 1909.

I have tried all settings recommended in the "timing" threads, but the problem persists.

From having to guess here, I think I have the same issue as you do and it's performance-related, don't think it has anything to do with the timer. The Q400 can get caught in a limbo when the Sim is loading scenery or weather in my case, stuck in place in midair. As the Q400 is still working fine and being simulated in what is essentially an empty void for several seconds, weird things can happen here, stalling during climbout isn't uncommon for example as the airspeed bleeds off rapidly. I recommend fiddling with your scenery and resolution settings to improve your overall simulator performance to help with this. Not using undocked 2D panels also seemed to help me quite a bit there.

• > @Lucbaverey said:
    > I have the same problem except my aircraft stops and the starts moving again and this happens during taxi and flight.
    >
    > I am running the Pro version of the Dash 8 in P3D 4.5 on Windows 10 version 1909.
    >
    > I have tried all settings recommended in the "timing" threads, but the problem persists.

Are you using fsuipc autosave? If so disable its use.
  • Fixed. Thanks