New Cockpit Lighting

edited July 2020 in COMMUNITY MODs

Hello,

I have made a new Cockpit lighting, which is more warm and cozy, like I like it :smile:

https://mega.nz/#!AVh0EK6Y!2k3CINPOywCitRGIJE1RA-D0GGxj5G75Ddq0wHc9_eM

Readme included

I use Envtex and Envshade.

I also fixed the bug where the domelight shines through the model. I had at least this bug with the original effect file.

Have fun with it :)

Comments

• Link isn't working

• Appears to work just fine

• Awesome mod, thanks!

P.S. Please consider converting dds vc texture to bmp - it makes no difference in terms of size and performance, but will simplify life for those of us who prefer to copy&paste their settings as a whole (I have a folder with all my Dash "mods", liveries, sounds etc., which I just copy into P3D folder).

• edited July 2020

Hello all!

I've updated my Cockpit lightning mod, and also fixed a bug with the domelight at day which i never recognized.

follow the readme included for installation.

Link:
    https://mega.nz/file/0IAkXaqY#akerm5HD92XuEB8SqEqMbqqV0D33IaEEYOqieB6oppg

Please don't upload it somewhere else! This should be only available in this forum, which i guess that only people who have bought the Q400 have access. I've modified original files where i don't have permissions of. If Majestic Software should've something against that, i'll take it immediately down.

Here some pictures:

Thank you to Majestic for adding dynamic lighting! That made my day today! :)

• As always... Awesome work. Secret, DL was always present in the flight deck for the most part.

• Thank you kroswynd! And thanks for the hint.

• Is this for P3D V5 also?

• edited July 2020

hi drayton_k Yes, should work in all Sims, 32bit and 64bit. Only thing, it could look a little bit different. I use btw. Envshade, i forgot it to tell.

• Great thanks TYR...I use Envshade too..Thank you

• edited July 2020

To everyone. Don't get confused by the readme which points to paths from P3Dv4. This Mod works with all Sim versions (32bit and 64bit) as well with the Pilot and Pro edition.
    I use Envshade in my pictures.

• Beautiful. Thanks!

• I've modified the dynamic lighting - look here http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/848/warm-dynamic-lighting-mod#latest

Maybe you're interested in that too?

• Hello.
    Because I found original cockpit night lighting poor; I download this mod and install it by following the readme text. But I never obtain the beautiful visual result as shown on the joined pictures ?
    Is Envshade mandatory for this ?
    Yves

• I forget to write : In my mjc8q400\TextureCommon folder, I have those 3 files

• vcpanels_night.Backup
    • vcpanels_night.bmp.dxt5
    • vcpanels_night.DDS Is it normal ?
  • Hello Nenesse,

Envshade is recommended to get the exactly same look but not mandatory.
    In the TextureCommon folder keep just vcpanels_night.dds from my mod, the other ones move away from the folder.

Hope this helps? If not then unfortunately Envshade makes the difference.

Regards

• Good evening TYR521. Thanks for quick answer. But always no results...
    Another last question : I just install Majestic Software Visual Extension Package for P3Dv4 and V5 before yours.
    May this disturb or install files in opposition with yours ?
    Best Regards.
    Yves

• edited September 2021

Hello Nenesse,

Sorry to hear, the new visual extension package could be the problem unfortunately.

Best Regards.

• edited November 2021

TYR521 - as u are such talented graphic artist, could u redone beacon, position and strobe lights to bring those closer to 2021 sim standards ?

• @Artur said:
    TYR521 - as u are such talented graphic artist, could u redone beacon, position and strobe lights to bring those closer to 2021 sim standards ?

Hello, sorry for the late answer.
    Thank you for the kind words. Unfortunately i can not change the beacon, strobes and position lights because they are hard branded in the model.

• @TYR521 said:
    Hello all!

I've updated my Cockpit lightning mod, and also fixed a bug with the domelight at day which i never recognized.

follow the readme included for installation.

Link:
    https://mega.nz/file/0IAkXaqY#akerm5HD92XuEB8SqEqMbqqV0D33IaEEYOqieB6oppg

Please don't upload it somewhere else! This should be only available in this forum, which i guess that only people who have bought the Q400 have access. I've modified original files where i don't have permissions of. If Majestic Software should've something against that, i'll take it immediately down.

Here some pictures:

Thank you to Majestic for adding dynamic lighting! That made my day today! :)

Can you please release an update for the Training Edition? I already tested it and the "Storm Light" is still white.

• @oleg_loaiza said:

Can you please release an update for the Training Edition? I already tested it and the "Storm Light" is still white.

Sorry but i don't have the Training Edition. It's possible that Majestic used a different name for the Effect. What you can do is checking the Effect files, they usually begin with mjc84, and when there is a new effect where something is in the name with dome then rename my dome light effect after the new name.