Engine Rating MCP?

Hi there,

today i got the following engine Rating by chance, without having moved the throttles at all.

left engine suddenly became Mode MCP instead of MCR 74%
right engine remained Mode MCR 80%

I was unable to adjust both engines percentage (%) to get the same figure again.

Just at the beginning of that strange behaviour there came a message " TRQ Uptrim" on the engine display. What does that mean?

Comments

• Just guessing; it sounds like an ADC failure.

• Think you are right- thanks!

• So there isn't an active engine rating "MCP" at all, but on engine 2 this rating was shown in my case.Figured out, that this probably has to read the normal "MCR" rating instead of "MCP" The message " Uptrim TRQ" itself seems to appear completely automatically, as in my case. Found the following information for this issue. Can anyone figure out the correct step by step workflow, for the case, that this happens again? For me there is no exact clue to this at present time.

Quote:

ENGINE DISPLAY CALLOUTS. UPTRIM ANNUNCIATION (white)-displayed as soon as the increased uptrim power is request from the Fadec (MTOPengine mode is set by the FADEC).-MTOP is displayed by the rating annunciator if RDC TOP is not selected, else RDC TOPwill remain-the message is presented in reverse video for the first 5 seconds of display to annunciatethe status change-otherwise or if the data is invalid, nothing will be shown.

• I, by mistake, set the fuel levers to OFF just after take off. I meant to select 950 of course.
    The a/c pack bleeds were set off and the bleed mode switch was in MIN.
    I quickly moved the fuel levers back to Max 1020 and the engines restarted. The rating for both engines was then MTOP.
    After both engines were producing power and I had the aeroplane under control(!) I moved the fuel levers to 950. The rating remained at MTOP.
    I then switched the a/c pack bleeds to ON and the bleed mode to NORM. The rating went to MCP (max continuous power).
    At the top of climb I reduced the fuel to 850 but the rating was still MCP. Even if I selected MCR on the engine control panel it still remained in MCP.
    I don't know how to get the rating back to normal.

I'm just reporting this to add to the discussion and post from @DCLAN

• Thanks for the update, we would have to review the logic to see what the behavior would/should be based on the sequence of events that you explained.

Cheers

• edited December 2020

I have accidentally done the same thing before, in the past ... accidentally moving one or both of the levers back too far to feather or off, and then quickly forward again to correct it, only to discover the engine(s) went to MTOP and stayed there, despite the correction and setting the lever(s) where they should be at 850 or 900. If you make this unfortunate mistake with just one lever, you end up with nasty asynchronous thrust.

Attempting to shut down and restart the engine(s), in flight, did not resolve the issue.

However, the following did work for me and may help @kroswynd find the root cause of the reason ...

To stabilize both engines, at 850, and to gain synchronization again (if needed), I switched the "Prop Overspeed Governor" switch, on the left side panel, to the "Test" position. This then needed to be left in that position as switching it to its normal position sends the engine(s) straight back to the unwanted state again. With the switch in the "Test" position, the engines stabilize and you can find somewhere to land.

As a sidenote ... Since I began using the right-click and drag option on these levers, to move both levers simultaneously, I have now not managed to accidentally pull them back too far and therefore have not experienced this issue again (touch wood).

• Thanks @freddy Interesting and good to know!