P3D v5 compatibily?

As mentioned in the title will the Dash 8 compatible with the new P3D?

Comments

• We will make announcement when it is.

Cheers

• So you were not included in the Beta team?

• We certainly were, but we had higher priorities this time around. The aircraft works out of the box but requires some tweaking, so I'll make an official announcement when all things are in place
  • Majestic Q400 is essential in V5.
    It's one of those addons that makes us migrate or maintain a version of flight simulator.
    Cheers :)

• I agree, which is why I posted as I did.
    Reassurance is reassurance, even when the answer isn't to my liking.
    V5 will soon reveal...

• It may be compatible with MSFS2020
    no just kidding.
    Your addon is really realistic and beautiful.
    it is for him that i stay on P3D

• Hi guys,

Will you be able to make the new installers use the new P3D Addon method. I was able to move files manually after installing into the sim first - and then used Lorby's tool to create the xml with effects and texture folders --- it absolutely worked. As long as I do not wipe out my Windows installation (due to software activation) - which was perfect Would love outside method during installation as it will save my installation activations. Saving time is crucial - got tons of addons.

I feel there will be hotfixes/patches soon for v5 in the upcoming months. Addon method really saves time.

I would be very grateful if you guys could enable it now.

Thanks

• We are not changing anying outside of what is already in place with the implementation of the new installer at this time.

Cheers
  • Thanks for the response kroswynd.

I hope in the near future you guys will implement the new method for installers.

Be Safe

• @airwolf said:
    Hi guys,

(...)
    and then used Lorby's tool to create the xml with effects and texture folders --- it absolutely worked. (...)

I would be very grateful if you guys could enable it now.

Thanks

Hello,
    Can you please elaborate on that? How exactly should we proceed?

Cheers,
    &

• Be aware we will not support the q400's functionality under this protocol although it is a rather unique and versatile method for installing addons.

Cheers.
  • edited April 2020

Hello,
    EDIT: please delete this post I found the issue. It was some problem with the pushback I had. Sorry for the spam here.

I just got p3d v5 and also just bought the majestic. I can only taxi when I go far past flight idle. In normal ground idle it goes really fast backwards. Is this normal or a p3d v5 compatibility issue?
    Thanks for any help.

• For me all works great. Only there is info when run P3D5 that this is not compatible. Even wx radar/approaches/FMC works great!

• @jodle said:
    For me all works great. Only there is info when run P3D5 that this is not compatible. Even wx radar/approaches/FMC works great!

You must be lucky because I installed the Q400 to P3D5 and after about 2 minutes all my switches/knobs stop responding. You can see tooltip change but the 3D parts just sit there.

• edited April 2020

Thank you for the update on the status for v5 compatibility. This issue wasn't mentioned so I just thought I would mention it quickly here, maybe you are aware of it already. While taxing, the ground seems to jump or stutter, the lighter the aircraft the more obvious. (chaseplane is off, and scenery is not the issue since this happens at different airports, and with other aircrafts these stutters do not occur).
    I have attached a video here showing this, bet to watch in full screen. You can see it in the begining (0:01-0:05) and the end (0:20-0:25) how the ground sort of jumps or stutters.

I am not requesting any support just thought I wouldm mention it and help you with some feedback.

Cheers

• I know that P3D5 not supported. But works perfect until today. Any idea how solve it? Low texture on PFD and squizy HUD.

• Solved: removed prepar3d.cfg (rebuild) and now is OK

• edited April 2020

@jodle and @Janis22
    Thank you for the feedback, we however as mentioned will not be providing any support on the platform until we are able to address pertinent items/issues on our side. We do appreciate your post though as we have seen this issue as well.

The stuttering issue could be caused by several factors, keep us posted once the installers have been released.

• Getting back into sim flying. Installed a fresh P3D V5. If I purchase the q400 can it be installed?
  • edited May 2020

Mr. Good evening, I installed it the Majestic q400 to P3DV5, it works perfectly, I did it through xml documents\Prepar3D Addons v5 All works great.I would to provide help to majestic i know that is not supported but only for help for my favorite addon.

• and from here

• As mentioned we are not providing any support for P3D v5. Feel free to post any issues seen that have not already been mentioned. Installation via XML is also something that we won't support at this time.

• edited May 2020

Edit: Never mind. I put in incorrect values in the panel.cfg. Its works perfectly now
    Has anybody tried the Vspeed calculation panel? I tried to install it but the aspect ratio is all wrong

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/245/v-speed-calculator-and-setter-xml-gauge

• Kindly address this issue with the developer of the utility

• edited May 2020

For me the tiller is not working in P3D v5.
    I started with copying all files from v4.5 but it did not work. Then I tried all selections from the MCP but the a/c remains unsteerable. In the Flight Controls section I cannot see any movement of the tillertriangle when I turn the tiller itself. So currently I can fly but cannot taxi. :s

• I had the same issue with the tiller. What worked for me was to assign the rudder axis in sim and the spoiler axis in FSUIPC (after setting the spoiler as steering control mode in MJC control panel)

• @Tiller
    The tiller functionality if not working is more than likely driven by an improper setup. The tiller once properly configured will work as it did in version 4 of Prepar3d. Very likely if you are trying to get it to work from the CPAN which for some functions will work, but others will not be injected based on the the reloading of the aircraft. The ini file may be ones best choise to implement funtionality until we release an update.
  • Thanks, I used CSPAN (out of v5) to configure. But before that I tried with copying the ini file. Well I think I will test a bit more using FSUIPC (controllers are deactivated in both versions of P3D).

• edited May 2020

Next try: I checked "SPOILER AXIS" in cpan and (after reloading a/c) assigned my CH Pedals rudder axis Z in FSUIPC to "Rudder" + "Spoilers" + "Steering Tiller". Now I can see in cpan the pointers of tiller + rudder move accordingly to the movements of rudder and tiller in the cockpit. Strange is also the two power levers move accordingly. But still the aircraft does not turn.

• Have you turned on the nose wheel steering switch????

• Yes, of course, but it does not make any difference.

• @Tiller said:
    Yes, of course, but it does not make any difference.

Have you read our thread on P3D v5 and the Q400? You are attempting a function which was spoken about.

• You mean about the cpan issue? I do not think that's the point because it appears the values within mjc84.ini always change according to the settings I try in cpan. And again, copying the (fine working) ini file from 4.5 to v5 does not help as well. So I assume there must be another reason.

• The fix for the blurry gauges is to double the pixel_size in each Vcockpit section of the panel.cfg.

• @Tiller,

NWS works fine, there more than likely is something amiss with your setup. If you are not using a separate joystick for the tiller then there is no need selecting the SPOILER AXIS. if you are planning on using the ailerons for nose wheel steering, then option "1" would be your choice (no need selecting SPOILER axis for this).

Take a keener look at your configuration and axii setup alongside CPAN

• Is there an update for Q400 for P3Dv5 install out yet?

• have a look at the 2nd post in this thread

Cheers

• Not officially supported for P3D v5 yet but I noticed so much orange color on displays and toggle switches. I really hope once officially supported for v5 these issues will be rectified.
    Regards

• > @LineDX said:
    > Not officially supported for P3D v5 yet but I noticed so much orange color on displays and toggle switches. I really hope once officially supported for v5 these issues will be rectified.
    > Regards

????

If you are seeing something of abnormality that most of us are not seeing then kindly providing images or video of the issue would help..

We can't address something if we don't know what to look for.

Cheers
  • @vrouleau
    based on the messages in this topic, it works without problems in P5:
    http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/comment/2761/#Comment_2761

@airwolf
    +1 XML
    this method is future, now most of the new add-ons are released with support for this method;)

• P5Dv5 Hofix 2 Now released...

Client Fixes and Improvements
    Improved Dynamic Texture Streaming performance.
    Fixed issue causing Scaleform elements to flash including the menu bar and ATC window.
    Fixed issue causing invalid wind aloft direction values.
    Improved startup load time.
    Fixed crash when switching views in PBR vehicles on various AMD graphics cards.
    Fixed issue causing effects to lag behind attach points in some cases.
    Improved effect rendering performance.
    Fixed issue causing invalid particle lighting in multiple views in some cases.
    Fixed issue causing emitted extrusions to be invalid at certain rotation angles.
    Fixed issue where flashing textures could occur in some cases with Dynamic Texture Streaming active.
    Fixed crash that would occur on startup if add-on description was blank.
    Fixed issue causing kneeboard and scenario briefing pages to be blank.
    Added chroma key support to Varjo XR-1 headset.
    Fixed issue where startup screen preview window would stop rendering after location change.
    Fixed issue preventing Dynamic Texture Streaming from disabling in some cases.
    Search boxes in relevant UI screens are now focused when opened.
    Fixed issue where preview window would not work in structured scenarios.
    Fixed crash seen when changing between tower and pilot roles in some cases.
    Fixed weather theme sync issues between the startup and weather screens.
    Fixed issue preventing Wingman AI Behaviors from saving offsets correctly.
    Fixed issue preventing SimDirector OffsetXYZ control from accepting negative values.
    Fixed issue where role type box would not size correctly in the multiplayer UI in some cases.
    Fixed issues with SimConnect BeginVideoStream.
    Improved reflection performance.
    Fixed visual issues with distance remaining signs.
    Fixed issue where loading flight plans would not update the map in startup and multiplayer screens.
    Map screen now supports heading and airspeed changes while moving the user.
    Adjusted sun and moon sizes in Enhanced Atmospherics.
    Fixed issue with TexturePlugin providing render targets with state data.
    Fixed DIS enumerations for F-22 and F-35 aircraft.
    Fixed terrain cracks that could occur in reflections.
    Fixed issue where location text could be cut off in the Startup and MiniChooser screens.
    Improved map UI loading times.
    Improved transparent object sorting with Enhanced Atmospherics.
    Fixed issue causing missing autogen in some cases when using add-on.xmls.
    Fixed issues with additive effects sorting incorrectly with clouds.
    Fixed multi-GPU crash with Dynamic Texture Streaming.
    Program and Environment simvars can now be set in XML gauge code.
    Updated attenuation for PBR and non PBR dynamic lighting.
    Updated falloff exponent for non PBR dynamic lighting.
    Fixed issue where high cockpit LOD configuration setting would be reverted to 0 when settings were reduced.
    Engines are now started for helicopter AI entities that spawn in the air.
    Fixed issue preventing tooltips from displaying in map UI screens.
    Added VR setting to disable Hidden Area Mesh.
    Fixed issue where SimConnect menu events were not being processed.
    Fixed issue preventing PDK add-ons from adding menu items to the “Add-ons” menu.
    UI search boxes no longer handle the escape key when empty and immediately process the search when pressing enter.
    Improved SinglePass VR latency fixing issue where dynamic light positions could be one or two frames behind.
    Fixed issue preventing Scaleform RTT elements from rendering.
    Fixed issue that could cause the SimDirector UI to become unresponsive if an error popup occurred when selecting an object.
    Entries in the Facility Selection screen can now be double-clicked.
    Fixed issue that could prevent AI Behaviors from activating at scenario start in some cases.
    Improved error handling when reading sim object configuration data.
    Fixed crash that could occur when running multiplayer and changing scenery library settings.
    Fixed crash that could occur when using the multiplayer autostart command line option with multiplayer autostart configuration settings enabled.
    Fixed issue causing differences in reported wind direction in some cases.
    Fixed issue that could cause visual errors with runway edge lines at sloped airports.
    Fixed crash that could occur when loading third party AI vehicles in some cases.
    Fixed error when comparing property name strings in recording/playback in some cases.
    Fixed shutdown crash when using Varjo headsets.
    Fixed crash when changing Varjo VR view options.

Content Fixes and Improvements
    Added landing light fx file.
    Updated tail number geometry and material on various default vehicles.

Scenery Fixes and Improvements
    Fixed issue with jetway decal textures turning asphalt aprons white.
    Fixed various water, terrain, coastline, bridge, and various other data issues.
    Fixed issues with St. Paul and St. George islands, Victoria Falls.
    Fixed issues with Washington DC scenery objects, San Siro Stadium, and Generali Tower.
    Updates to various airports including LFMV, KOFF, KGGG, EFHK, SBSP, EDDH, EDVK, KAKR, KPIT, RJBB, EDDS, EGPF, KBUR, PALR, VOTR, KVPD, LIMC, PASI, and EGGW.
    SDK Fixes and Improvements
    Added OpenGLTexture sample back to SDK.
    Added 3dsMax 2020 and 2021 support.

• @kroswynd said:
    > @LineDX said:
    > Not officially supported for P3D v5 yet but I noticed so much orange color on displays and toggle switches. I really hope once officially supported for v5 these issues will be rectified.
    > Regards

????

If you are seeing something of abnormality that most of us are not seeing then kindly providing images or video of the issue would help..

We can't address something if we don't know what to look for.

Cheers

Hi @kroswynd , Please have a look at the attached screenshots of q400 in p3d v4.5 and v5 HF2 with same settings, location and time. The vc, displays, knobs, switches look dark, blurred and orange colored in p3d v5. Hope these issues get rectified.
    Regards

V4.5
    https://ibb.co/84tM2s8

V5
    https://ibb.co/BNVtqSv

• Have you tried the same with TrueSky off. Suspecting that it is TrueSky as I don't know what other shader programs you may or may not be running or even how your settings are configured this could possibly be the issue.

• edited June 2020

Hi @kroswynd , Thanks for the reply. The above screenshots in V5 were taken with Truesky off. I am not using any other shader programs. Just the basic P3D v5 setup. Googling and Youtubing q400 in p3d v5 shows the same dark/orange vc textures. I think it has to do something with backend coding of q400 which needs to be adjusted.
    Regards

• Hi. I've installed Q400 in P3D v5 by changing install path during setup. Everything runs very good, but it seems that plane behaves very slow:

• engine startup takes longer than usual,
    • taxi with GS 20 kts indicated, i fell like it is 5 kts,
    • airborne i feel like it flyies 100 kts, when IAS is 200 kts,
    • chrono 15 seconds takes ca. 30 sec

Anyone experiencing same behavior? Regards.

• Will check this thread. Thank you.

• edited July 2020
    Displays are still dark after updating to 1.021. Not sure if it p3d v5 hf2 issue or something mjc needs to adjust in the coding. @Boss and @kroswynd please refer to my previous comment where I posted screenshots as well.
    Regards
  • edited July 2020

This is appears to be more of a P3D v5 issue, and we don;t have much control over this as the Q400 does not have an effect on the VC textures, except for the highlighted labels around the controls, it does however affect the 2D panels, but not the VC

• > @kroswynd said:
    > This is appears to be more of a P3D v5 issue, and we don;t have much control over this as the Q400 does not have an effect of the VC textures, except for the highlighted labels around the controls, it does however affect the 2D panels, but not the VC

Thanks @kroswynd, hope this issue gets resolved in the upcoming HFs P3d.
    Regards