Timing outputs slow

Aloha Folks,

Looking to see if anyone is able to get at speed outputs, flashing types, ie; caution, warning, ap disconnect, etc. I have managed to get all my inputs and outputs on my glareshield and AP work under the xml format. But programming isn't my best skill, learned as I went. Currently using a lua script setting value as a Lvar and outputting to Arduino's through Mobiflight. Running FSUIPC and code at 100ms and still blinking outputs are slow. Tried also on Air Manager to Arduino with same effect.
Mahalo for any insight or suggestions.

Gary Anderson

Comments

• Hi,

That's my experience too. The blinking outputs are hard to catch via XML interface. It would be better, if they would send a continues ON while they are active. The blinking then could be implemented on hardware side.

Rgds
    Reinhard

• Good info gents, be sure to drop a line with this query to our support department, and I will add it to our items for review in our bug tracker.

• Thanx all for your feedback, Reinhard's suggestion is a good one also, if easier to implement. Using a 555 or 556 ttl would allow us to set the speed to match the VC.
    Mahalo,
    Gary

• @kroswynd said:
    Good info gents, be sure to drop a line with this query to our support department, and I will add it to our items for review in our bug tracker.

Done!
    Reinhard

• @fscenes said:
    Aloha Folks,

Looking to see if anyone is able to get at speed outputs, flashing types, ie; caution, warning, ap disconnect, etc. I have managed to get all my inputs and outputs on my glareshield and AP work under the xml format. But programming isn't my best skill, learned as I went. Currently using a lua script setting value as a Lvar and outputting to Arduino's through Mobiflight. Running FSUIPC and code at 100ms and still blinking outputs are slow. Tried also on Air Manager to Arduino with same effect.
    Mahalo for any insight or suggestions.

Gary Anderson

Gary,

As you are connecting hardware to XML interface functions, you might be interested in this thread: majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/1098

This combination of XML gauge and macro file allows you easily to map buttons to XML interface functions.

Rgds
    Reinhard

• Aloha Reinhard,

Definitely a follower of your work and also my drive to learn xml B). I have downloaded it and will give it a shot. Currently I use FSUIPC macros and pull em out in Mobiflight macro method. Your method looks a lot cleaner for future use and modification. Thanx for the link.

Mahalo,
    Gary

• Hi,

Great support from Majestic as always! I received the following mail:

support@majesticsoftware.com
    Mi, 29.09.2021 19:23

Hello Reinhard

Thank you for your message

You could use

CautionWarning_->outs_.master_caution_light
    CautionWarning_->outs_.master_warning_light

instead

With best regards,

Oleksiy Frolov
    Majestic Software Support

I have tested the solution and it works fine for me.

Best regrads
    Reinhard

• Thanks for sharing..
    Gary

• Works Great on the Caution and Warning, Mahalo
    Gary

• Been a bit since I worked on this, but found if I use Reinhard's XML file and directly assign it to an offset I get almost one for one timings with my hardware. GPWS, cautions, etc. Running the LUA and reading out with Mobiflight. Changed all my inputs to the JCC method, and outs still XML.

example...
    -- glare shield
    ipc.writeSB( 0x66C0 , readXMLIF ( 143090 ) ) -- CautionWarning_->outs_.master_caution_light_blinking
    ipc.writeSB( 0x66C1 , readXMLIF ( 143112 ) ) -- CautionWarning_->outs_.master_warning_light_blinking
    ipc.writeSB( 0x66C2 , readXMLIF ( 41298 ) ) -- EGPWS_->GPWS_pullup_onscreen

Gary