Majestic Software Q400 Visual Package Released!!!

2»

Comments

• Hello, while I don't have the above lights issues in the cockpit - I do have the weird light reflection issue outside where the lights reflecting on the engine sides are just insanely bright. I did remove FSL Spotlights from my system and this did not seem to change anything. I've also restored the original reflection map file in P3D (GlobalEnvTest.dds). The light issue started right after installing the Visual Upgrade addon - I did not have such issue before that.

To be honest I'm rather baffled at the lack of any actual change this €25 upgrade package brings. I've been flying the MJC Q400 for a very long time and I could say I'm very familiar with its ins and outs however I honestly failed to see any difference after purchasing the mentioned update. The only visual upgrade was the slight light glare on the overhead switches when flying in the dark. I was rather on the fence before purchasing the update package and as it seems at the moment - sadly it looks like I've made the wrong choice pulling the trigger on it.

What happened with you Majestic? You used to be the pinnacle of whenever someone mentioned "the best flightsim addons" and now this just seems like a cash-grab. No wonder the product description is as vague as they come on the update.

I still do love the addon but the update package is just something you guys should've either not done at all or released as a free update.

Kind regards!
    Tõnis

• edited October 2021

Hi again,

Just to add to the above, i've completely uninstalled and reinstalled both the original Q400 package and the visual update and done a bunch of comparison photos which in fact have raised more questions than answers.

Here are the comparison shots.
    https://imgur.com/a/IAw3ONP

• Several improvements of the virtual cockpit markings resolution
      I can't see any improvements on the markings on these pictures comparing them in full screen - side by side. Can you please point some out? Thank you!

• Added simulated reflections on the cockpit controls and switches for the better night visibility
      I can't see any added reflections on the cockpit controls on these pictures comparing them in full screen - side by side. Can you please point some out? Thank you!

• Improved realism due to usage of PBR materials for the exterior model and the virtual cockpit
      I can't see any difference in how the materials look in the cockpit except for a few (not all) of the overhead switches eg: the battery switches. External model looks to have something else weird going on. While it seems to multiply the amount of light that the plane itself creates (taxi/landing lights) - it seems to completely lack any kind of reflections from Dynamic Lights at the airport.

This is something that is very visible on the "Side View" comparison shots - you'll notice that on the before shot the aircraft is slightly lit up by the orange glow of the Dynamic apron lights which even cast a slightly visible shadow under the airplane. Whereas on the after shot you'll see the aircraft reflecting in a blueish tint which does not match the surrounding light color temperature at all and looks to be out of place. Also the shadow is gone from underneath the aircraft.

I'm not trying to diss Majestic in any way but I just fail to understand what I actually got from a paid update package that cost 1/3 of the addons original price.

Hoping to hear from you soon!
    Best Regards,
    Tõnis

• Just wondering why to spend time and effort to detail passenger cabin or rivets outside? If u did proper shadow model or make volumetric lights i would buy this package in the blink of my eye.

• > @Artur said:
    > Just wondering why to spend time and effort to detail passenger cabin or rivets outside? If u did proper shadow model or make volumetric lights i would buy this package in the blink of my eye.

Thank you for your input. Unfortunately we will not be able to please everyone regarding this visual package project. Work is still being done on the project so we'll have to wait to see what changes or improvements are implemented by our modeling group.
  • Kroswynd - sorry for my harsh words, i didn't want to sound like that. My point is that Q400 is study level plane and i suppose that very small amount of users care about improvements done to passenger area. Q400 is brilliant but already old plane and needs improvements to be up to present standards - that is sure, but do that with consultation with potential customers to be sure that ur efforts will be paid back.

• edited November 2021

@Artur
    Your words were not considered harsh. As a consumer one has the right to share their opinion regarding the purchase. It gives the developer a variance of feedback to know how the product was received and how best to attempt to correct/enhance the product if capable of doing so.

Also be aware - that the more time we put into this, as yes, we do know that it is an aged product, the more time that the other projects on our road map will be further delayed.

@coleybwoy

+Several improvements of the virtual cockpit markings resolution
    I can't see any improvements on the markings on these pictures comparing them in full screen - side by side. Can you please point some out? Thank you!

Response
    The VC was upgraded to use PBR materials, its appearance now is more dependent upon the particular graphics card in use by the user. It is possible that the HDR sliders will need to be adjusted to allow for any extreme brightness/contrast on one's computer.

+Added simulated reflections on the cockpit controls and switches for the better night visibility
    I can't see any added reflections on the cockpit controls on these pictures comparing them in full screen - side by side. Can you please point some out? Thank you!

Response
    We have made "some" enhancements to the existing product to bring it up to "most" of the available standards within the simulation platform, and work on this is still in progress as we plan on pushing another update for the Visual Extension Package "after" the release of the TRAINING Edition. We will be providing more information when the modeling team approves items to be shown. It may or may not be up to what you expect, and if it is not all we can say is we apologize for not meeting your standards.

+Improved realism due to usage of PBR materials for the exterior model and the virtual cockpit
    I can't see any difference in how the materials look in the cockpit except for a few (not all) of the overhead switches eg: the battery switches. External model looks to have something else weird going on. While it seems to multiply the amount of light that the plane itself creates (taxi/landing lights) - it seems to completely lack any kind of reflections from Dynamic Lights at the airport.

Response
    Looking at some of your images for example the exterior lighting - it would appear that you are using bloom effect which when used has the tendency to over-exaggerate the appearance of the taxi and landing lights.

Our primary focus on this project from day one to re-create/simulate a product as close as possible to the real world aircraft from a systems perspective with which we were able to achieve quite well. Since then, from a visual perspective a lot has been implemented into the simulation platform to enhance visuals - some of which when we tested the feasibility of implementation it impacted fps significantly which for us was not an acceptable route based on the way the aircraft has been developed.

• edited November 2021

Folks,

It seems the visual enhancement package has ruined my cockpit lighting: no 'spots' on the glareshield anymore. Uninstalled the Dash and re-installed WITHOUT the visual enhancement package and all is back to normal.

Any clue ... ?

Thx and regards, Willem

• @WGMD said:
    Folks,

It seems the visual enhancement package has ruined my cockpit lighting: no 'spots' on the glareshield anymore. Uninstalled the Dash and re-installed WITHOUT the visual enhancement package and all is back to normal.

Any clue ... ?

Thx and regards, Willem

If you are referring to the finger marks they should still be visible as there was not a a major rework to the flight deck upon the initial release.

Now you reference cockpit lighting, the lighting is brighter, if you are by chance a third party utility to control lights this could cause some inconsistency with the lighting which may require some tweaking or removing for proper results.

Keep us posted.

• Kroswynd, hi!

I am in ctc with Oleksiy abt same. The storm lights are ok WITHOUT the visual enhancement package installed and INOP with the package installed.
    I do have a brand new W10 setup and P3D v5.3. All the same as in v5.2. Nothing changed.

Any clue?

Best regards, Willem

• edited January 2022

@kroswynd said:

I bought the mjc8-400-pro from Simmarket back in Feb 2021, but cannot see the Majestic Software Q400 Visual Package update in my account.
    This is all I see in my simmarket downloads : mjc8-400-Pro-1_021_x64-inst.exe
    How do I get this visual update?
    Cheers

• Hi,
    Have you contacted the vendor to discuss the issue? That would be the first place to start.

Cheers
  • edited January 2022

@kroswynd said:
    Hi,
    Have you contacted the vendor to discuss the issue? That would be the first place to start.

Cheers

Yes, and was told its a separate package that need to be bought..

• edited January 2022
    Oh in that case you are correct, misunderstood your first post. The visual package is a separate (optional) package for purchase which we released last year.

For some reason I read it meaning that you had purchased the visual enhancement package.

My apologies.

Cheers
  • Scripts: Added missing engine failure scripts

• @noabergstrom
    Missing engine scripts???

Engine failures are designed ONLY for the TRAINING & COCKPIT Editions. If you are a PRO user then you have to build your own scripts as engine failure by design are not a part of the PRO Edition.

• @MASTER_WARNING_PTR said:
    @noabergstrom
    Missing engine scripts???

Engine failures are designed ONLY for the TRAINING & COCKPIT Editions. If you are a PRO user then you have to build your own scripts as engine failure by design are not a part of the PRO Edition.

Could we get engine failure scripts to cut an engine off at a desired Indicated Airspeed instead of Groundspeed? I had to post on this forum months ago asking for someone to fix the script, and they best they could do was to get it cut an engine off at a desired True Airspeed, which is closer, but still not perfect.

• Any update on the Q400 for MSFS?

• We'll be sure to provide one when we see it fit to do so. Lots of moving parts at the moment.

• Hi. Does it work with Training Edition?

• Hi,

Bought the visual pack, a great improvement thanks. BUT before you buy it, decide if the Training Version is for you first! The reason I say this, the Visual Pack at Just Flight is £19.99, the upgrade price for the Training Version which includes the Visual Pack is £40. So in real terms, you pay only an extra £20 for the Training Version. Wish I had realised that as would have gone for the Training. Keep up the good work!

Best,

Keith

• Hope someone notices this post as I realise it's an old thread, but I only just came across it.
    At the top it says that the package has been released for version 4 and 5 (admittedly this was 1½ years ago), but on SimMarket it is listed for P3D version 5.x or 6.x. Does it run with P3D V4.5 (which is the sim I fly) ? If it does I will most likely purchase it.

• It was originally released for P3Dv4 and P3Dv5, so it should still work for P3Dv4.

• Thanks !