Majestic Software Q400 Visual Package Released!!!

The Majestic Software Q400 Visual Package has been released for Prepar3D versions 4 and 5. Available at the vendors from which you purchased your Q400.

• Improved realism due to usage of PBR materials for the exterior model and the virtual cockpit
  • Improved visual model smoothness
  • Textures adjustments for better detailing of the airframe elements
  • More realistic modeling of the passenger cabin with seatbelts/no smoking indicators simulated
  • Visible wheel chocks, pitot tube, and the engine intake covers while parked
  • Visible wing supports in a case of damage wheel/landing gear assembly
  • improved resolution of the exterior markings
  • Several improvements of the virtual cockpit markings resolution
  • Improved virtual cockpit night lighting
  • Added simulated reflections on the cockpit controls and switches for the better night visibility
  • Improved landing/approach/taxi lights
  • Integrated True Glass library from TFDi for the realistic precipitation effects on windshield
  • Includes bonus Fly Baboo livery

Comments

• Great news on this release Majestic team.
    Do you guys intend on updating your website to better showcase your current and upcoming products in the future?
  • Not a priority at this time, but there may be an update down the road
  • Awesome! Great to see you guys with a release. Has the paint kit been updated at all, or is the older one still sufficient to take advantage of the new visuals?

• One more question. Will this package be included in new purchases of the MJC8 Q400? Or the visual improvement package must be purchased separately?
  • I think I must have a bad install because I am not seeing any improvements in the texturing. The Type has been improved but the basic aircraft texturing is still very poor. Cockpit texturing is also exactly the same. Be warned.

• @ianfisher said:
    I think I must have a bad install because I am not seeing any improvements in the texturing. The Type has been improved but the basic aircraft texturing is still very poor. Cockpit texturing is also exactly the same. Be warned.

The livery texturing was not re-worked. Please refer to the product description to see what exactly the package includes

• Hi @kroswynd @Boss it looks beautiful. Thank you. Will it be available on justflight?
  • @LineDX said:
    Hi @kroswynd @Boss it looks beautiful. Thank you. Will it be available on justflight?

Yes, it will be available available on Just Flight and the rest of the stores shortly

• Hey!
    Very great idea to update the Q400 visually as this is the only thing that really felt outdated..
    Short question on that: Do I need to purchase the visual update back at from the same vendor as the original package?? For example, I've purchased the Q400 pilot edition from Just Flight, but the visual update pack is only availible at Simmarket so far. Can I purchase it there anyway, without getting into trouble? Or do I have to wait until Just Flight also releases the upgrade (if anyway)?

• Hi Boss, I'm not talking about liveries. It's when they say "Texture adjustments for better detailing" and "several improvments of the VC markings" Well where are they. I have not noticed any improvements at all. The aircraft texturing is still very poor nowhere near the current 4K standard and the it's the same in the VC. The text is poor, just look at the yoke. I welcome some of the other things but this all should be standard these days.

• @DeeJay said:
    Hey!
    Very great idea to update the Q400 visually as this is the only thing that really felt outdated..
    Short question on that: Do I need to purchase the visual update back at from the same vendor as the original package?? For example, I've purchased the Q400 pilot edition from Just Flight, but the visual update pack is only availible at Simmarket so far. Can I purchase it there anyway, without getting into trouble? Or do I have to wait until Just Flight also releases the upgrade (if anyway)?

Not really, there is no advantage of having to buy the package from a particular vendor. We expect all the vendors to begin the sales of the visual extension shortly anyway

• edited August 2021

@ianfisher said:
    Hi Boss, I'm not talking about liveries. It's when they say "Texture adjustments for better detailing" and "several improvments of the VC markings" Well where are they. I have not noticed any improvements at all. The aircraft texturing is still very poor nowhere near the current 4K standard and the it's the same in the VC. The text is poor, just look at the yoke. I welcome some of the other things but this all should be standard these days.

The textures of the fuselage components were completely reworked with the higher resolution. Basically everything that is not the livery texture is new. That includes screws, joints between the parts, fuselage. In the VC most the improvement is in the night lighting. For example, the switches and controls texture is new and will allow to see them better at night, some writings are also re-worked - like the HUD inscriptions. The exterior model itself underwent significant changes, adding the polygons to make the model look more realistic

• Extra fuselage details including the bump maps

• Thank you very much for the visual improvements. Looks good here.
    It's raining inside the cabin, but thats a minor. Cockpit is dry.

Rune B.

• Unable to install... already posted in customer support, where others also have this problem.

• Awesome stuff, nice addition, thanks for the hard work!

• @Rhinozherous said:
    Unable to install... already posted in customer support, where others also have this problem.

Please use your new order number in order to install the package. Not the original order number of the MJC8 Q400 itself. This seem to be a common mistake

• I bought the Q400 Pro from FSPilotShop (no longer in business). Where do I buy this new visual package from? Thanks
    Jerry

• I feel like the text on the lower pedestal area is still somewhat blurry.

• @Boss said:

@Rhinozherous said:
    Unable to install... already posted in customer support, where others also have this problem.

Please use your new order number in order to install the package. Not the original order number of the MJC8 Q400 itself. This seem to be a common mistake

I am never asked for any order number... I start the installer, have to accept license blah blah, then it shows me the path to install - click ok and the error message appears.

• > @HondaJet said:
    > I bought the Q400 Pro from FSPilotShop (no longer in business). Where do I buy this new visual package from? Thanks
    > Jerry

You can purchase it from any vendor as it not an upgrade addon, but more so. Visual enhancement which can be used on the PILOT or PRO edition.

Cheers
  • edited August 2021
    > @micstatic said:
    > I feel like the text on the lower pedestal area is still somewhat blurry.

That is correct. Any text that is a part of variable lighting is a texture inside of a gauge and would a major re-work. So we elected to leave this as it is.

Cheers
  • I have installed the visual update package, apparently successfully, but do not see any TG windshield effects during precipitation. Can you offer any ideas please?

• @kevinfirth said:
    I have installed the visual update package, apparently successfully, but do not see any TG windshield effects during precipitation. Can you offer any ideas please?

disregard - started sim again and its working now :) thanks

• @Rhinozherous said:

@Boss said:

@Rhinozherous said:

I am never asked for any order number... I start the installer, have to accept license blah blah, then it shows me the path to install - click ok and the error message appears.

May I ask you to send an email to support@majesticsoftware.com

• edited August 2021

Honest opinion pls. I don't care about externals, as I spend all my time in the cockpit, which I think already looks fantastic anyway. Is this upgrade worth it for the cockpit visuals? I am using p3d 4.5, in VR. Is there any impact to frame rates?

• @Hippo said:
    Honest opinion pls. I don't care about externals, as I spend all my time in the cockpit, which I think already looks fantastic anyway. Is this upgrade worth it for the cockpit visuals? I am using p3d 4.5, in VR. Is there any impact to frame rates?

For the purely practical flying one would probably benefit most from the better visibility of the controls and switches at night (due to the objects actually reflecting the integral lighting), and also from the true glass integration.

• @Boss said:

@Hippo said:

For the purely practical flying one would probably benefit most from the better visibility of the controls and switches at night (due to the objects actually reflecting the integral lighting), and also from the true glass integration.

Perhaps, some before + after screenshots on your website might be in order?

• edited August 2021

I am slightly confused with the install location. I am getting a default location of :
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X"
    That is not where P3Dv5 resides. Can I PLEASE get a confirmation on where I should be pointing the installer?
    Regards

• Heya, Just purchased the new package. I found the install straight forward and easy. I like that it didn't change the mjcq400.ini file (I had made some tweaks in there to my taste). Although I did lose some downloaded liveries. No big deal - I can re-add them. FPS are good on my medium system. I really like the precip effects on the windshield (thanks for integrating trueglass).

Question, how do I remove the chocks and pitot covers etc before flight? About to start my first leg with it :)

Clark

• edited August 2021

@canadagoose said:
    I am slightly confused with the install location. I am getting a default location of :
    That is not where P3Dv5 resides. Can I PLEASE get a confirmation on where I should be pointing the installer?
    Regards

I tried installing to that location, thinking I could just transfer the contents back into the Lockheed Martin\P3Dv5 folder and i am now getting "NO ORDER FOUND" message.

• @canadagoose said:

@canadagoose said:
    Regards

I tried installing to that location, thinking I could just transfer the contents back into the Lockheed Martin\P3Dv5 folder and i am now getting "NO ORDER FOUND" message.

FYI, I purchased the product at JustFlight and followed their install instruction as majestic does not provide an Install readme. Any help here would be appreciated
    Regards

• @canadagoose said:

@canadagoose said:

@canadagoose said:
    Regards

FYI, I purchased the product at JustFlight and followed their install instruction as majestic does not provide an Install readme. Any help here would be appreciated
    Regards

I thought this would be a straight forward upgrade, it really should not be that difficult to implement.
    Regards

• It must be just me with this issue, very strange, no matter I have contacted "Support". Just curious though, what path did you point the Installer to? Certainly not the default one that pops up. I would think the path would be where the Q400 is installed?
    Regards

• edited August 2021

Everything is fine now, Support allowed me access to a different installer than the one at the Just Flight site and the installation went well! Thanks to Majestic Support for all their help!

• Can we PLEASE get a shadow model added to this? This really should've been addressed back in p3dv4, It really lets it down when everything else is so well done.

• @canadagoose said:
    Regards

I purchased my copy from www.justflight.com (10th Aug) and had the same "default folder" issue, plus the installer more importantly failed to find my order. I have today re-downloaded the installer from my JustFlight account and the installation has worked OK, including defaulting to my P3D root folder.

• Are there any further plans for updating this package? Since so much more can be done. Also, what about the various outstanding bug fixes which everyone has been waiting on for like 5 years at this point?

• edited September 2021

This is a newly released package and likewise we will experience un-encountered issues like any other software release once disseminated to a broader range of users, which will be addressed.

Granted there is a lot more that can be done, and we have to make proper decisions as to which project(s) get further delayed. As it is we are behind on the current project, but needed to get this done as it was something that we had discussed in the past and determined that now would have been the suited time to do so. We put a suggestion thread out as assist us in helping us determine which items could be implemented without causing to much of a delay on pending projects.

The outstanding bugs (those of course which can be fixed without a major re-work of a given system) will be addressed.

An update announcement will be made when we have updates for either the Visual Extension package or that of the Q400 itself.

• Enjoying the Visual Extension package! TruGlass, PBR, HUD and night lighting are a nice improvement. But flying in P3D4.5 in clouds at dusk, noticed a strange HUD-shaped white polygon artifact on the front window, even tho the HUD is stowed. Anyone else seeing this, or ideas on what might be causing it?
    ChuckO

• @ChuckO
    Good to hear you are enjoying the visual package. Thank you for the heads up regarding the artifact issue in version 4.5. Are you able to replicate it, and if so under what conditions (is it always at dusk)?

Cheers

• @ChuckO ,

We found the issue regarding your report and will provide a fix in an upcoming patch...thx

• edited September 2021

Getting the same artifact as ChuckO.

• Getting the same effect when ascending or descending through clouds; any time of day or night.

• Now, after I could successfully install it, it looks good. But when selecting the airplane, it jumps up and down like a rocket out of control and finally crashes the sim. Something seems not to be right with the flight dynamics or at least with the elevation as soon as the visual update is installed. Before that, I've downloaded the newest version of the original plane again and then installed the visual update. No further changes. Even slew mode can't make it stand still on the ground. So it's unusable at the moment for me. What could be wrong here?

• Hi Majestic! Why are the aircraft lights looking like this after the Visual upgrade? Thanks!

• edited October 2021
    Hi how goes it? Are you using any bloom feature, be it in sim or third party?
  • edited October 2021

Hi. I have this "little" problem in my cockpit:

Exterior seems OK.

P3D v5.2, EA on, HDR off, EnvShade installed...

What can I do?

PS: addon purchased today.

• SOLVED.
    It was FSLabs spotlights.

• Would not have figured that one out, as I have never used their product. Thank you for the heads up.