New installers for the Q400 Pilot, Pro, Cockpit, and Training

edited February 2022 in General

Just received the email from JF. Has anyone had an opportunity to try it out yet? My sim machine is out of commission so I have to wait a couple of days before I can test out the fixes.
- From Just Flight
Majestic Software have provided new installers for the following Dash 8 add-ons:
• PILOT Edition (for P3D v4/v5)
• PRO Edition (for P3D v4/v5)
• TRAINING Edition
• COCKPIT Edition
• PILOT and PRO Editions Visual Extension Package
The latest updates provide a fix for the copy protection algorithm, which eliminates the protection experienced by users of the new Intel Gen12 CPU. Some minor fixes are also included

I have to give a BIG thumbs up to the Majestic team for getting the bugs fixed, tested, and a new installer out the door so quickly. Also "Thank-You" to Just Flight for providing the installers. Your service to the sim community is appreciated.

Jax

Comments

• agree. thanks so much

• Thanks. Will the installer be available through the User Area?

• I have the same question

• edited February 2022

New installers are usually found from the vendors where you bought the Q400.

• But does it fix the "falling out the sky" bug reported here: http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/1295/critical-failure-at-approach ??

• @Jax_in_BC said:
    New installers are usually found from the vendors where you bought the Q400.

What about Flightsimstore users like me?

• Do I have to uninstall the former versions (MJQ 400 Pro + Visual Ext. Pack) before I install the new versions? Or can I just run the new installers?

• edited February 2022

I was not aware of any new version until I read this thread. So I went to the User Area and found "mjc8-400-Pro-1_024_x64-inst.exe" there. This is a later version than the installer I had previously saved and stored away. So I hope this 1_024 install is the (new) one we are talking about here?

I backed up my liveries and my "mjc84.ini" file, uninstalled my current version, and ran this newly downloaded 1_024 installer. I then put back my liveries and set my "mjc84.ini" for the 125Hz controls.

In to the cockpit, power on, and confirmed the version number had indeed changed by looking at the information shown on the standby HSI. A quick circuit of my local airport confirmed that things all seemed OK. More flights required, obviously, to really see if everything is all really OK, but, for now, things look good.

Do we have a changelog of the "minor fixes"?

• Thanks for the new installers!
    Rudy

• edited February 2022

1.023 PILOT edition here.

PS: old was 1.021.

• Anyone else having problems installing the Visual Extension?

• @otreblA said:
    Anyone else having problems installing the Visual Extension?

Oh... there's new installers on simMarket, too.

• There should be as all vendors were sent new installers
  • I installed the new mjc8-400-Pro-1_024_x64-inst.exe and Visual Extension mjc8-400-VisExt21-1.024-inst.exe. All good, but when I checked the standby ISI, it said MJC84-1023B, rather than 1024. Anything amiss?
    Chuck O

• You have the most current version. Just that the update was not reflected for the stby ISI.

If you look at the documentation you will see the correct version.